Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Taking a journey into the Mayan underworld at Actun Tunichil Muknal, or the “Cave of the Stone Sepulchre”, will be one of the most enlightening, epic, and unique experiences of your life! Recently deemed the #1 Sacred Cave destination in the world by National Geographic, the ATM cave is not only beautiful geologically, with its crystalline stalactites and stalagmites, but also historically, as is a natural museum of ancient Mayan artifacts, as well as a sacred burial place. This is the final resting place of the “Crystal Maiden”, an ancient Mayan ceremonial victim.
- You’ll have 2 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1Actun Tunichil MuknalStop: 4 hours - Admission excludedA must do "bucket list" tour of Belize!! An amazing cave exploration tour featuring skeletal remains, pottery and fascinating Maya history. Includes a jungle hike, and river crossings!Read more
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi, 111 North Front Street, Belize City, Belize Belize Municipal Airport, Belize City, Belize
Returns to original departure point
- helmet, headlamp, life jacket
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Please advise if any dietary restrictions
- Park Entry Fee, payable in cash at tour site
- Your transfers between the islands (Caye Caulker or San Pedro) and Belize City are not included
- Entry/Admission - Actun Tunichil Muknal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for children under 7 years of age
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
We made a day trip from Caye Caulker to the mainland to do the ATM Cave. UpClose Belize handled everything from the water taxi, to the ride to the cave, provided lunch, and an awesome guide that was so nice and kept us safe. We will definitely use them again when we return to…
Date of experience: December 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: UpClose Belize
Highly recommend this tour. Bring deet!
My tour to Xunantunich got cancelled due to flooding, but Lamanai was available. My friend was the one that turned …
Xunantunich (not Altun Ha) -Zip Lining -Cave Tubing tour
We traveled from Caye Caulker to Belize City, where our guide, Kingsley, met us at the dock. Kingsley was knowled…
Better to Fly over, than Dive under.
Its a dramatic flight and not cheap, but for the experience, its better than going out and diving it. Quite barren …
Amazing scenic flight
Flying over the great blue hole is truly a once in a lifetime experience. It is a little pricey but totally worth i…
Xunantunich and cave tubing tour
My friend and I had an amazing time with our guide Auner. He was attentive, informational, and just such fun to be …
Awesome day with Joel!!
Me And my two sisters were the only booking, so we got a little private tour! Joel had a ton of info, and kept the …
Fantastic service and amazing adventures
We used UpClose Belize because had a desk in the lobby of the hotel where we stayed in Belize, and we couldn't be m…
we did-Altun Ha; cave tubing; zoo; blue hole fly over; snorkeling; horseback riding & Belmopan
My family & I spend a fabulous week in Belize City. The accomadations @ the Ramada were great and the staff was alw…
This is one of those once in a lifetime activities. Seeing the blue hole from the air is totally amazing. Not a che…
Loved the tour. This is a must do experience in Belize. These guys were awesome and professional. definitely recomm…
Unable to tour, but good communication
We booked a tour but due to weather the tour had to be canceled. Communication with the tour shop was easy and we k…
Juan Carlos V00
Blue hole fly over
Great experience and service.The place is breathtaking. The tour Las about one hour and it complete worthy.
Blue Hole from the air
Professional and friendly pilot, a fantastic view, good explanations, good organisation...a must do!
Worth the money!
This is not a cheap activity, but it is worth it! I don’t think you can really appreciate the majesty of the Blue H…
ATM Cave Tour
We had the best tour with UpClose Belize to ATM cave. Perfectly organised our driver Freddy was informative, helpfu…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 234 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro)
What time does Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) start?
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) on Tripadvisor
How much is Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro)?
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) price starts from €179.80. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) on Tripadvisor
What is the Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) cancellation policy?
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro)?
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) is hosted by UpClose Belize. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact UpClose Belize on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave (Caye Caulker / San Pedro) on Tripadvisor