View all photos (65)
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Get off the beaten path and out into Australia's diverse environment to see wildlife on this tour of the Great Dividing Range. With a naturalist guide at the helm, travel through the UNESCO World Heritage Site’s rain forest to see a volcanic crater lake and a wetland oasis inhabited by native Australian animals. With the help of your guide, spot native birds, wallabies, tree kangaroos, emus, and platypus.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lake BarrineStop: 2 hours - Admission includedRiver Cruise and lunch over looking the crater lakeRead more
See Important Information for details
- All transportation provided so travelers can relax and enjoy the scenery
- Cruise through the wetlands in search of native bird life
- No hidden fees: All entrance fees and national park fees included
- Commentary from a guide on the area's wildlife and natural environment
What to Expect
Enjoy convenient pickup from your accommodation in Port Douglas and then soak up the scenery on the ride to the top of the Great Dividing Range and the start of the Atherton Tablelands. Begin the day with access to an Outback nature refuge, where you board a boat for a private wetland cruise. Get your cameras ready for sights of wallabies, wild emus, and a large number of native bird species. Stop for views of Clancy's Lagoon while digging into a light morning tea with local coffee and homemade pastries. Head for the grasslands to see some Eastern grey kangaroos and learn about them through your guide's commentary. Then move on to the rain forest for a creek-side walk in search of the duck-billed platypus, which makes its home here. Stop for lunch and then take a short walk through the Mabi rain forest to see some rare tree kangaroos, finishing up with possible stops at the Curtain Fig Tree and the Garden of Eden Waterfall. Your tour ends with convenient drop-off back at your hotel.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Boat cruise & electric buggies where applicable
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Lake Barrine
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 guests are required for a trip to proceed. If minimum numbers are not met we will contact you in advance with an alternative tour option or full refund
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. We occasionally have to make changes last-minute changes to itineraries due to road closures and/or weather events. If a tour is cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Blue Adventures Wildlife & Rainforest Tours
Truly Amazing Day!
We signed up for the Small Group Wildlife Tour, and it turned out to be the highlight of our trip to Australia. …
Highlight of our time in Australia!
Our family of 5 spent 2 1/2 weeks in Australia over Christmas and NYE and this tour was absolutely the highlight…
Ben was our guide. We had a great time. He was very informative and a fun conversationalist. We saw kangaroos, fed…
This is a great tour if you're interested in seeing more of what Queensland has to offer and animals in the wild!…
Wonderful Wildlife Tour
Had a fabulous day out with Ben and saw plenty of wildlife. My highlight was seeing the enchanting Platypus and…
Rainforest and Wildlife Private Tour
Just incredible! We asked to try to see Platypus and Tree Kangaroo and were taken to key sites along with other…
We had an extraordinary day and were fortunate to see a wide and varied range of Australian wildlife including…
Don’t miss this tour!
Had the most amazing day with Ben who is easily the best and most knowledgeable tour guide I’ve ever had the…
small group wildlife tour”
Fantastic trip from Port Douglas, our guide Ben was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable and really made it a…
A day trip excursion
Very knowledgeable and entertaining. From the Platypus to the kangaroos. Coffee with an emu and a boat trip in a…
- Duration: 9–11 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071