View all photos (10)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Isla MujeresStop: 6 hours - Admission excludedThe whale shark tour operates daily between June 1st and September 17th. Whale shark watching is guaranteed! If you don't see whale sharks, you will receive 100% of your money back. In the summertime hundreds of whale sharks swim to the Caribbean Sea, near Cancun, to stay and feed themselves on plankton. The power boats leave daily from Cancun to get to the whale sharks area between Isla Mujeres and Isla Holbox. Experienced bilingual guides will make your whale shark swimming or watching experience the highlight of your holiday. You can swim as many times as you want with the whale sharks and stay in the whale shark watching area for approximately 3 hours. The professional guides will make sure you feel safe and you have the best view of the whale sharks. Even if you are not such an experienced snorkeler or if you are not so comfortable swimming the guide will make your swim with the whale sharks experience unforgettable, they will make you feel safe, secure and adapt to your level. You will be taken out on the best boats, all 4 strokes ecological engines, with very experienced captain. They will make your boat ride very pleasant and they will try to spot dolphins, turtles and manta rays on the way. If you are lucky and spot manta rays you will be able to snorkel with them and enjoy these beautiful animals in their natural habitat.Read more
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned miniva
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Environmental Management Charge 10 USD per person (Reef Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Isla Mujeres
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We were sold on the idea of a full day whale shark excursion that stopped at Isla Mujeres for lunch and ceviche. I feel dooped by the tourism racquet in Mexico. While we got this basic set of activities, the experience was not worth the money and the service was extremely poor.…
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Bambu Tours
Wonderful tour, can only recommend it!
This tour is a must see! You need to see chitchen itza, the cenote and Valladolid when in Mexico. The Mayan pyramid…
A lil bit of everything
Worth it. Pretty long day but each stop is unique and enjoyable. Excellent tour guy! You will learn about Mayan cul…
Cenote Suytun, Chichen Itza, Valladolid trip
We had a great time with these activities! Our tour guide Alfredo and Jorge did a great job in explaining about the…
Amazing day. Great guides!
My adult daughter and I did the Chichen Itza and Suytun cenotes tour yesterday and it was awesome. The shuttle pick…
The guide on this tour was really excellent and extremely informative - one if the best that we have had. Well wort…
We very much enjoyed the cenotes, lunch and the Chichen Itza ruins were fantastic. The guide (Tony) for the latter …
Awesome guide, some delay at the beginning while providing the wristbands but besides that, it was good
Me and my wife are from Brazil. We booked great trips in the bambu tours. They were so gentle thay became our frien…
Bambu Tours ~ Don’t do it (Chichen Itza, Vallodolid, & Cenote)
Booked a tour via Viator the day before online. I was contacted by Raul from Bambu Tours a couple hours later. I wa…
Do not book! Buyer beware!
This was a complete rip off. I bought 3 tickets I never got my email with my tickets but was i was charged the 200$…
The crew was great! The island, beautiful! We took the latest cruise, came back at sunset, gorgeous!
You're a captive audience and they treat you like one. The food was the worst food I've ever had traveling (and I l…
Trip to isla mujeres
This day trip was great. We were on the boat called the Induna with a super live fun crew. After sailing the beauti…
Do not believe the tour heading as advertised
The tour CLEARLY stated that we were purchasing a "CATAMARAN TOUR TO MUJERES ISLAND FROM PLAYA DEL CARMEN". This i…
Bought tickets to Xcaret and XPlor
As we were walking back to Playacar we passed by Bambu Tours to ask about prices and transport to Xcaret and Xplor.…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241