View all photos (10)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Off the beaten track adventure! Take a trip to the magic town of Bacalar and discover pirate history in the lagoon of seven colors. The magic town of Bacalar to the south of Cancun is a hidden piece of paradise with glorious natural landscapes and a fascinating history. In comfortable air conditioned transportation, you’ll make your way to Bacalar with an expert guide and everything you need for a terrific day trip from Cancun. Following the path of the ancient Maya and the pirates of the Mexican Caribbean, you’ll enjoy a boat tour of Bacalar and its freshwater lagoon of seven colors. Enjoy swimming in the cool waters of two cenotes and a delicious local lunch. Guide and round-trip transportation included.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lake BacalarStop: 5 hours - Admission includedThe name most likely derives from Mayan 'b'ak halal,' meaning 'surrounded by reeds,' the name of the locality attested at the time of the 16th century arrival of the Spanish. Bacalar is also the name of the lagoon, Bacalar Lagoon on the east side of the town. Bacalar was a city of the Maya civilization in pre-Columbian times. This was the first city in the region which the Spanish conquistadores succeeded in taking and holding in 1543. In 1545, Gaspar Pacheco established the Spanish town here with the name Salamanca de Bacalar. The region of the southern half of what is now Quintana Roo was governed from Bacalar, answerable to the Captain General of Yucatán in Mérida. After the town was sacked by pirates in the 17th century, the Fortress de San Felipe Bacalar was completed in 1729, and may still be visited today. In 1848, Bacalar had a population of about 5,000 people. In 1848 during the Caste War of Yucatán, the rebellious Chan Santa Cruz Maya conquered the town. It was not retaken by the Mexicans until 1902Read more
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Lake Bacalar
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring:
- Cash for buying souvenirs and tipping
- Biodegradable sunblock and insect repellent
- Lightweight jacket for winter season & sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes or sneakers
- Extra change of clothes
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Bambu Tours
Wonderful tour, can only recommend it!
This tour is a must see! You need to see chitchen itza, the cenote and Valladolid when in Mexico. The Mayan pyramid…
A lil bit of everything
Worth it. Pretty long day but each stop is unique and enjoyable. Excellent tour guy! You will learn about Mayan cul…
Cenote Suytun, Chichen Itza, Valladolid trip
We had a great time with these activities! Our tour guide Alfredo and Jorge did a great job in explaining about the…
Amazing day. Great guides!
My adult daughter and I did the Chichen Itza and Suytun cenotes tour yesterday and it was awesome. The shuttle pick…
The guide on this tour was really excellent and extremely informative - one if the best that we have had. Well wort…
We very much enjoyed the cenotes, lunch and the Chichen Itza ruins were fantastic. The guide (Tony) for the latter …
Awesome guide, some delay at the beginning while providing the wristbands but besides that, it was good
Me and my wife are from Brazil. We booked great trips in the bambu tours. They were so gentle thay became our frien…
Bambu Tours ~ Don’t do it (Chichen Itza, Vallodolid, & Cenote)
Booked a tour via Viator the day before online. I was contacted by Raul from Bambu Tours a couple hours later. I wa…
Over promised; under delivered
We were sold on the idea of a full day whale shark excursion that stopped at Isla Mujeres for lunch and ceviche. I …
Do not book! Buyer beware!
This was a complete rip off. I bought 3 tickets I never got my email with my tickets but was i was charged the 200$…
The crew was great! The island, beautiful! We took the latest cruise, came back at sunset, gorgeous!
You're a captive audience and they treat you like one. The food was the worst food I've ever had traveling (and I l…
Trip to isla mujeres
This day trip was great. We were on the boat called the Induna with a super live fun crew. After sailing the beauti…
Do not believe the tour heading as advertised
The tour CLEARLY stated that we were purchasing a "CATAMARAN TOUR TO MUJERES ISLAND FROM PLAYA DEL CARMEN". This i…
- Duration: 13h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241