Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Save vacation time and secure your place in advance for this rum tour, tasting, and lunch experience at Mount Gay Visitor Centre in Barbados. Produced on Barbados since 1703, Mount Gay is the world’s oldest rum, and inextricably bound up with the island's history. Tour the production facilities, sample a selection of Mount Gay varieties, and feast on a traditional Bajan lunch with limitless rum punch. Hotel transfers are included for ease.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mount Gay Visitor CentreStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedAfter pickup from your Barbados hotel you will be taken to the Mount Gay Vistor Centre where you will discover the history and craftsmanship of Mount Gay rum. The Tasting will kick off with complimentary Rum Punch which you can enjoy while your Brand Host takes you through the legacy Museum which offers visitors a fascinating glimpse into the illustrious history of Mount Gay Rum and the island of Barbados. From there, you will view a short film that will provide even more information about Mount Gay and its rum production. After the short film you will be taken to the Tasting Room where you will enjoy a tasting of 3 Mount Gay rums. Your Host will walk you through the tasting explaining the differences between each rum that you taste. After the tasting, you will enjoy a traditional Bajan lunch with live food stations and a endless Rum Punch station. Enjoy the food and drinks while relaxing on the deck. You will also be given time to visit the gift shop where you can purchase some bottles, gifts or souvenirs for yourself. A few of the rums can only be purchased on the island! At around 2:30pm you will be taken back to your Barbados hotel to enjoy the rest of your day.Read more
- Rum tour, tastings, and lunch at Mount Gay Visitor Centre in Barbados
- Prebook to ensure a place on your ideal day and to help plan your vacation
- See how the rum is made, taste several varieties, and enjoy a Bajan lunch
- Includes unlimited rum punch with lunch, plus round-trip hotel transfers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Complimentary rum punch
- Professional and knowledgeable Brand Host
- Reasonable sized groups
- Rum tasting
- Lunch (live food stations)
- Endless Rum Punch station
- For pickup Times please make sure to provide Hotel or Villa name.
- Entry/Admission - Mount Gay Visitor Centre
- Additional alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please provide the hotel you are staying and await pick up time.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Everything from the tour guide, food, rum and overall service was incredible, would book this tour every day just for the food alone!! Excellent value for money. Tour guide was so kind, helpful and knowledgeable!!
Date of experience: November 2020
Fantastic visit to the Mount Gay Visitor centre. Our guide was highly entertaining and informative and we learnt a lot during our tour. We loved the rum tasting and our lunch was absolutely delicious. Great selection in the shop. Highly recommend this tour.
Date of experience: October 2020
Great Rum tour! Great guide, great rum tasting, great Bajan lunch. We really enjoyed this tour. Appropriate for drinking age only. Sure helps that we love Mount Gay rum!
Date of experience: March 2020
Great tour, very informative and light hearted fun. Even our teens were entertained (no rum for them though).
Date of experience: February 2020
The tasting and history lesson were interesting, educational and entertaining. Rico did an excellent job. Lunch was also good. It was well balanced and tasty. Looking forward to returning for another type of tour.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Mount Gay Visitor Centre
SO MUCH FUN.
Tina is the best!! We learned so much about Mount Gay and the history of rum. The cocktail making class was a blast…
Great visitor centre
We visited to take a tour and enjoy the premium rum tasting experience, trying 8 rums. Our guide was fantastic, ver…
A tour we'll never forget
Our was more than we could've imagined. We learned about Mouny Gay's history and our host Chester was absolutely am…
Mount Gay Distillery Tour
We took the Signature Rum Tasting Tour. We were welcomed with a rum punch, told about the various rums and the pro…
It’s worth nothing that if you’re expecting a full blown distillery tour, that is not here. The actual Mount Gay di…
We started our tour with a glass of rum to get us in the mood whilst hearing all about the history of how rum is ma…
Host was amazing. Everything else not included in price was expensive. Tastings include their cheapest.
It should be noted that this tour is not based at the distillery so do not expect to see huge copper stills. It s…
Mount Gay is one of the most popular rums on the island so decided to pay a visit and learn a little more of the hi…
Went on this trip with friends and had a really interesting and enjoyable time. The guide was very funny and had us…
Great tour around the distillery, had a good laugh, very informative and enjoyable visit. Came out tipsy.
Very interesting tour. The taste testing is ok but be aware the shots I meant tastes are warm. I would Only sip the…
Great tour guide, great rum, great value!
We had a few days to spare in Barbados so decided to slot in a rum tour, and we weren't disappointed! We used the d…
It was a great and nice tour, short explanation, nice tasting. Guide (I think her name was Tina) was absolutely the…
The best rum tasting experience...
We came along for the Monday morning extended rum tasting that started in the Museum - showing us the 1703 deed tha…
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados
What time does Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados start?
Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados will start at 12:00 PM. Discover and book Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados on Tripadvisor
How much is Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados?
Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados price starts from €64.83. Discover and book Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados on Tripadvisor
What is the Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados cancellation policy?
Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados?
Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados is hosted by Mount Gay Visitor Centre. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mount Gay Visitor Centre on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados on Tripadvisor