Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 7)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
"Donegal Tour Guide", Henry Doohan is a native of County Donegal and passionate about showcasing the gems of his homeland. Fanad Lighthouse overlooks Mulroy Bay to the West, Lough Swilly to the East and the Atlantic Ocean to the North. Dominated by Muckish Mountain, Sheephaven Bay boasts ancient castles and a panoramic Atlantic Drive. All private Donegal tours are custom built to suit the interests of the tourist, their location and timeframe available. The following is a suggestion of some of the attractions to include while on a day trip of the Fanad Peninsula.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Fanad Head LighthouseStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Doe CastleStop: 15 minutesSee details
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Fanad Head Lighthouse
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This was the first leg of our Ireland visit and we hired Donegal Tour Guide to help us get acquainted with the area and find the remote townland where our ancestors once lived. Henry’s friendliness and expertise made him the right choice for both. He picked us up promptly at our…
Date of experience: September 2019
Response from DonegalTourGuideHD, Owner at Fanad Peninsula Private Tour
Responded 19 Nov 2019
Dear brg624, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Fanad peninsula private tour with me. It was great to find the hidden townland that your ancestors came from. I hope you have many happy memories from your time in County Donegal. Take care,, Henry
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Donegal Tour Guide
the only way to see Donegal
Our family of four had one of the best experiences we've had traveling around Ireland thanks to Henry. We booked He…
Reliable, knowledgeable, and good fun
Henry took brought us from Donegal airport. He has been very efficient in communication, was full of knowledge abou…
Henry is a godsend to people like us who don't like to drive on holidays. With public transport almost non-existent…
South Donegal Tour
Henry took us on a private tour. We went to Donegal Castle and Slieve League Cliffs. We stopped in a local shop a…
Henry is an amazing tour guide. My mom and I had a blast. He is extrmeley knowledgable about history and the hist…
The best one!
Henry is one of the best guides we ever meet. Everything was fantastic! Top of the top!! very recommendable
Fun, Flexible, Fantastic
Henry Doohan and other members of Donegal Tour Guide could not have been more welcoming to myself and my family dur…
We wanted to visit Ireland and see where my Wife's ancestors came from. She had done some research and had limited…
Fantastic Tour with Henry
I have been in September in Donegal. The Tour with Henry has been fantastic. I have seen a lot of the landscape fro…
Wonderful Two Days in County Donegal
Henry was a great tour guide and very easy to work with. He picked us up at our hotel in Donegal town and took us …
Amazing South Donegal Tour
Henry was great about making this tour for US. We saw and did things you wouldn’t do on a group your. We went into…
Henry Doohan, the best driver/tour guide of Northern Ireland
Henry picked us up at Donegal airport, drove us 1-1/2 hours to Ballyliffin and back 2 days later. He was on-time, …
As a group of friends on business, in Letterkenny Ireland looking for something to do. We came across this wonderfu…
Amazing tour experience!
My co workers and I went on the inishowen private tour with Henry. Henry was an amazing tour guide. He was prompt t…
The BEST Donegal Tour Guide
My family and I (4 adults and 2 children)were in Donegal for a wedding and wanted to plan day trips to attractions …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Fanad Peninsula Private Tour
- Fanad Peninsula Private Tour will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Fanad Peninsula Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Fanad Peninsula Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Fanad Peninsula Private Tour price starts from €459.45. Discover and book Fanad Peninsula Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Fanad Peninsula Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Fanad Peninsula Private Tour on Tripadvisor