This tour starts through the Hajar Mountains to the township of Nizwa, the ancient capital of Oman. At Nizwa you will visit Nizwa Fort and the Traditional Souk. From there you will travel through the deep Wadi Ghul and arrive at Jebel Shams “Mountain of the Sun” the undisputed lord of the mountains. Jebel Shams is the highest peak of the Jebel Al Akhdar mountain range, soaring 3,000 meters above sea level. It provides a spectacular scenery, ancient rock carvings and remote villages.This is the Grand Canyon of Oman. There will be time to experience some of the breath-taking scenery before continuing to the beautiful old village of Misfah. The village of Misfah is perched on the side of a mountain where narrow ancient stone pathways lead you into the valley below. Lunch will be held in a restaurant, where you can savour local delicacies at the top of the mountain. Afterwards , you will explore the ancient labyrinth of the region of Al Hamra before your return trip to Muscat.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Azaiba Mall Muscat OM, Muscat muscat OM, مسقط 130, Oman 1st Floor, Pink Stone Office
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 199407P8
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour?
- Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour price starts from €225.04. Discover and book Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour?
- Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour is hosted by Pink Stone Travel & Tourism LLC. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Pink Stone Travel & Tourism LLC on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Oman Grand Canyon, Jebel Shams & Nizwa Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 199407P8
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atAzaiba MallOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byWadi Ghul - Oman's Grand Canyon
- 1Jebel ShamsStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Al HamraStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Misfat al AbreyeenStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Pink Stone Travel & Tourism LLC
Joined in September 2019
#4 of 14 Classes & Workshops in Muscat
- G6933EVthelonewolf00A Beautiful day trip to cherishExcellent trip and a day well spent. Will come back soon again to experience beautiful Oman.. Good driver and guide, very hospitable overall.
- Syed_Afwan00Good teamIt was a good organised planned trip by pink stone team for outbound tour from Oman. Coordinating and supportive staff.
- Arfath20200Inbound tourHad a awesome experience with Pink Stone Travels❤️. On time pick up from the hotel and driver was very friendly.
- 670sayeedk00A joyful journeyExcellent service and assistance provide by their staff. I am happy and thankful for their services.
- Journey64472400Travel made easyWe had a Wonderful experience of oman , wadi bani Khalid is like natural pool .... And dune bashing in wahiba sands...thank you for team pink stone travel and tours.
- mohammedalihk00Read the fine prints as they change deals without notice and ask you to read the fine printsI thought the staff Mr. Ruksar had attitude issues till I met the Managing Director. I realized the staff was a follower of the Managing director, Mr. Sherief. They promise you some hotel but write in fine prints, that they may change the hotel at their discretion. Obviously at the time of COVID-19. It is very easy for someone to give an excuse that the hotel your family member was supposed to stay in, has more positive cases, so we had to shift them to another. The hotel they moved to was so old, the AC's would stop working in the middle of the night, water dripping from it. Food is so low quality that you cannot break the bread. they give you 2 bottles of water. Call for tea and they bring 1 tea bag after 5 hours. When I went to meet the so-called managing director of the company. I've never met anyone so irresponsible and insensitive to someone's situation. When we complain to their associates that water is dripping on the mattress from AC's even though its just throwing AIR, they sent a voice message saying put a bucket it will solve the problem. When I took all these concerns to Mr. Sherief, his solution was to go for an upgrade. Pay extra and go for an upgrade. Why did you book in a labour class category. What is that? How do we know that there are classes while booking the Hotels. You say 3 star City Park amazing hotel, we go and check all is ok, then you change it without informing us. A 3 star City Park hotel and it was changed without notice. We accepted it but to get basic service the solution was to upgrade and pay. Keep paying till they can also squeeze everything out of you to fill their pockets. Mr. Managing Director, you thought I will not write a review about you, that I forgot about the incident.?? Next time you will be more responsible personally and not take your customer's for granted.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Jul 2023 • Couples
We had a wonderful time on this tour. The communication with both Mustafa and Hilal (our guide) before we left was excellent - so we were fully informed as to when we’d be picked up and by whom, were provided the itinerary for the day, and had contact info for both. We were picked up by Hilal bang on time and left Muscat for Nizwa in a comfy Land Cruiser. Hilal was a very knowledgeable and considerate guide, he was able to answer all our questions along the way and made sure we were comfortable. We had a guided tour of the fort at Nizwa, and once the official guide left Hilal took over and provided an excellent commentary on the items on display in the museum space. After this, Hilal took us to the souk and market where we tasted delicious Omani sweets and bartered (with Hilal’s help) for some jewellery (it would be rude not to buy something 😉). From Nizwa we drove through the most rugged, dramatic and beautiful landscapes to Jabel Shams, where we stood in awe at the edge of the canyon - it is truly magnificent. Hilal gave us the choice as to when we would eat lunch and we chose to do this after we’d visited both sights - this served to break up the drive home. It’s a full day tour and we honestly could not fault any part of it. We learnt so much about Oman’s past and present from Hilal. He was the perfect guide and I would highly recommend going anywhere with this tour company (Pink Stone Travel and Tourism). If you choose this trip, be sure to look out for goats in trees 😃.
Written 28 July 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Dear Ms Doyle, thank you so much for booking with us and taking time to pen down such a wonderful, detailed review! Indeed a pleasure serving you and look forward to seeing you again in our beautiful country, Oman. Much thanks for the uplifting review-this will only motivate the team and our wonderful guide Hilal to work harder and bring a smile to our guests and patrons time and again..thank you very much and hope to see you soon :) Team Pink Stone Travel & Tourism LLC Oman
Written 31 July 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.