Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The Golden Circle is one of Iceland’s most popular tourist circuits, with opportunities to see where continental plates converge, a 2-tiered canyon waterfall, and the Geysir after which all other geysers are named. Visit the Golden Circle with a guide who knows the best ways to get around while keeping you free to focus on the scenery. Afterward, spend the evening hunting for the northern lights.
- See two of Iceland’s greatest attractions: Golden Circle and northern lights
- Enjoy a day planned to see as many attractions as possible
- Focus on the scenery: Your guide and driver take care of navigation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
What to Expect
Your morning begins with a pickup from your hotel or one of the city pickup bus zones. Hop aboard the minivan and head toward Hveragero, often called the “flower village” because of the many greenhouses there. Learn about the town’s interesting energy usage and make a quick stop at the local bakery (own expense). Next is Gullfoss waterfall, which you see from above and up close. Then, make the trip to the Geysir geothermal area, where you explore on your own and have lunch (own expense). Next, spend some time at Thingvellir National Park. Learn about the founding of Iceland’s Parliament, and see the geological rifts caused by the separation of tectonic plates. Rest in Reykjavik in the afternoon and head out for a northern lights tour in the evening. Your guide drives you out of the city to find the best spots to see the lights. Afterward, head back to the capital and finish with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Dress code is smart casual: Warm waterproof clothes and comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This company really strives to give ytou personalized service and great tours. They really know what they are doing! Big companies cannot provide the family type atmosphere with their tours so go with IG tours! You can't go worng!
Date of experience: January 2020
I booked few tour while in iceland and I found Saga Travel is the best. Why I say this because the driver@ tour guide , Thor is his name, is very good in making all of us in his bus enjoy with his jokes n explanation about the place.
Date of experience: December 2019
My wife and I booked the northern lights tour and the golden circle tour with Igtours. We were fortunately enough that 2 other couples had the exact same itinerary as us, and we ended up in a small group of 6 of us led by Ian. The tours were simply a blast. Even though we…
Date of experience: October 2019
This tour stops off at the earthquake centre, Faxi waterfall, Geysir, Gullfoss waterfall and Thingvellir. Each stop was breathtaking, and our tour guide Ragnar was the perfect mix of informative, knowledgeable and humorous. I hope if you’re reading this you’re lucky enough to…
Really worth the money, 3 things to see during the day plus the Aurora Borealis if the conditions are right. Went with Icelandicair tours. The guise Sigi Grimmsonn was excellent with a Viking sense of humour.
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Iceland Guided Tours
*****Updated May 2021******
14 months and still no refund! As can be seen from the other reviews, the only comfort I have is that others are in…
Two years after cancelling tour due to COVID restrictions, I am still waiting for a promised 100% refund..Terrible …
Terrible Company - FULL of LIES
Our cruise was canceled (due to Covid) more than 2 months in advance of cancelling this excursion and this company …
***Update. 9 months since I cancelled and still no refund******* Also booked trips for a cruise this year. Cancel…
I booked 2 trips for 2 people in March 2020 costing me $800.00 Australian dollars.. They promised 100% Refund ..whi…
I didnt go due to Corona virus and could claim insurance if the company would reply to an enmail or answer te phone
We booked tours with this company in August last year from Australia . All we needed was an email confirming our ca…
Vatnajokull glacier October 2020
Walked through the Falljökull glacier (Vatnajokull) guided by Melrakki Adventures, what a nice experience! You must…
We also booked tours off a cruise ship and cancelled back in March and dispite emails to them and from them saying…
Also booked trips for a cruise this year. Cancelled March, still waiting for refund despite 3 reminders. Won’t us…
Do NOT use this company. We were visiting Iceland as part of a 16 day Transatlantic cruise. We were supposed to a…
We had a really excellent day out on the Golden Circle tour and would highly recommend this company. We were picked…
Golden Circle In Iceland
We had a wonderful tour booked thru Icelandair. We traveled to the national park with the geysers and the wonderful…
South coast day tour
I did the south coast day tour on 4th March 2020 and would highly recommend IG tours! There was only a few of us o…
Normally the scenery (Golden Circle) here is incredible. However the day we went it was cold and very snowy. So, t…
Fabulous trip with a great guide
Recommend! Lovely (and funny!) guide who had a wealth of knowledge having been guiding for 30+ years. We were colle…
- Thingvellir National Park, Strokkur, and 2 more
- Duration: 24h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 15,720 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,919 travellers!
from €148.84* €175.11
Popular: Booked by 929 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour
- Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour on Tripadvisor
- Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour price starts from €155.25. Discover and book Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour on Tripadvisor
- Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour on Tripadvisor
- Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour is hosted by Iceland Guided Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Iceland Guided Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour on Tripadvisor