Skip-The-Line Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & Appian Catacombs Small Group Tour
Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (14)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
You’ll have 2 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1Vatican MuseumsStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Sistine ChapelStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by St. Peter's Basilica
- 3Catacombs of Saint CallixtusStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel Small group tour
- Appian Catacombs Small group guided tour
- Professional art historian guides
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines to all monuments
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Saint Callixtus
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A current valid ID is required on the day of travel
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- On Wednesday, due to the weekly Papal Audience, and on religious ceremony there is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica will be unavailable during which the access to St Peter's Basilica is closed.
- We can’t be held responsible in case of sudden closure of the Saint Peter’s Basilica or any other room inside the Vatican Museums without notice, as this is a decision of the Vatican Administration itself and we have no control over it.
- The catacombs can only be visited in groups.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour of the catacombs takes about 40 minutes. The temperature in the catacombs is about 16 ° C / 60 ° F with a high humidity: please dress accordingly.
- Those with serious mobility issues are warned of the walking difficulties in the catacombs: 50 irregular steps to descend, as many to climb; no chance to sit on the way; no lift (elevator)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Andy was our guide for the day. Very entertaining, changed the tour to suit all of us. I have done the tour previously with another guide but learnt so much more this time. Thanks Andy..... Whatever you do get a skip the line - it is well worth it when you walk to the front…
Date of experience: August 2019
Response from ExploreItalyTours, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Skip-The-Line Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & Appian Catacombs Small Group Tour
Responded 29 Aug 2019
We are glad to hear that you liked your Vatican tour with us and our guide performance! Thank you very much for your review!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Explore Italy Tours
Outstanding tour guides!
We absolutely loved this tour!!! A MASSIVE thank you to Alex and our female tour guide who’s name we forgot to get,…
This tour was fabulous. So much history to see and learn about. Our tour guide was knowledgeable, interesting and…
Tataiana, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable and friendly. The group was small and she kept us engaged througho…
I booked because it said "early morning", the reservation came back with a 1:00 pm time!! I booked through Viatour…
This was a great tour, we able to walk right into the Vatican without waiting in any lines - which were very long.…
Best tour ever!
Wow! This is how every tour should be! Not only were we able to walk right into the Vatican without waiting in any …
Just go for it! Lovely tour and guide :)
My husband and I booked this tour during our getaway weekend. The whole organisation was seamless from start to fin…
Worth our money!
While our tour guide at the Coliseum was nice, the poor man had the entire tour group yawning because unfortunately…
Wonderful time in the Vatican country
Andy, our guide was great - full of interesting information & ran a very interactive tour for our small group of 6 …
This was the most entertaining tour I've ever been in. Once we started, we were inside the Colosseum within 10 min.…
Last week we booked a Food Tour with this agency. Met the guide in front of the Napoleonic Museum. Another couple j…
Amazing tour and staff!
We visited Rome during the New Year's Eve. The lines were insane everywhere so we decided to take a skip-the-line t…
Great guide, explained everything very well. It was a small group so everyone got to enjoy and understand the tour.
The best Colosseum experience
I had been to the Colosseum several times but I really wanted to see the Underground. We met at the office on top o…
Oh what a night!
My family from England came over during the holidays and I wanted to organise something special. After some researc…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241