View all photos (4)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You will have a 3-hour private tour of the ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii. You will experience how Pompeii looked 2,000 years ago through the magic of Virtual Reality. You will be surrounded and completely immersed in 360-degree virtual reality that goes on a historical journey through ancient Pompeii - just as it was before the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. After your private tour is complete your guide will show you to Caupona Restaurant, where you will have a typical Roman lunch.
- Professional guide
- VR Headsets
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults (choose the option with the number of adults, then you can add children)
- Important note to parents: children under the age of 9 may not have their own VR headsets but are permitted to occasionally share the VR headset with their parents at the discretion of the tour assistant.
- Use of 3D virtual reality headsets is not recommended for children under the age of 13 for health and safety reasons
- Parents may use their discretion and allow children aged between 9 and 12 years to use the headsets
- Children under the age of 9 are not permitted to use the headsets
- People with histories of seizures, dizziness, epilepsy, preexisting binocular vision abnormalities, psychiatric disorders, heart conditions, other serious medical conditions, the pregnant, and the elderly should consult a doctor before taking this tour
- Wear comfortable shoes as you may walk over uneven terrain
- Travel light and minimize bags, pocketbooks, and backpacks; you may have to wear a lightweight bag across your shoulder during the tour
- This tour operates in all weather
- This tour uses 3D virtual reality headsets (Gear VR). We recommend consulting a doctor before taking this tour if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition.
- Some people (about 1 in 4000) while they are experiencing virtual reality may have severe dizziness, seizures, epileptic seizures or blackouts triggered by light flashes or patterns. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before taking our tour.
- Children: It is recommended by the manufacturer that the headsets provided should not be used by children under the age of 13 (Gear VR). Parents allowing their children to use the headsets do so at their own risk and are fully responsible for the safety, health and well-being of their children.
- Discomfort: Immediately discontinue use of the headset if you experience any of the following symptoms: seizures; loss of awareness; eye strain; eye or muscle twitching; involuntary movements; altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities; dizziness; disorientation; impaired balance; impaired hand-eye coordination; excessive sweating; increased salivation; nausea; lightheadedness; discomfort or pain in the head or eyes; drowsiness; fatigue; or any symptoms similar to motion sickness.
- Radio Frequency Interference: The Gear VR can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the Gear VR without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device.
- By completing your reservation you confirm that you have read, understood and accepted the permitted-use guidelines, warnings and recommendations relevant to our headsets as stated on the following site: oculus.com/warnings.
- Flashback Journey to Pompeii shall not be liable for any damage, direct or indirect, suffered by our customers or any third parties as a consequence of their failure to follow such guidelines, warnings and recommendations
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Flashback Journey to Pompeii
A Wonderful Mix of Ancient Ruins and Modern Tech
I was fortunate to have taken a class at our local library, where Jason Schuman, spoke on The Journey to Pompeii…
Wow! Amazing tour with VR to see how Pompeii once was.
This was just about the most incredible tour experience I've had in my life. And everyone in our party agreed.…
Unforgettable! The best tour we've had in Italy.
What an incredible experience! We were a family of 5 with ages ranging from 12 to 75. Everyone loved the virtual…
San Diego, California95136
5-star experience all the way
We reserved this package before going to Italy, and we were surprised by how private it turned out to be. We were…
Our tour guide, Nina, was very good, but if you plan on going as a big group I would definitely suggest doing the…
Ashill, United Kingdom229
Better than a walking tour
Outstanding, our tour assistant ( immy) was fantastic and told us lots about certain places, the vr tour was…
Interesting tour with nice guide and added average VR
Nina was a wonderful and friendly guide. We enjoyed her commentary as she is educated in the field and…
Devizes, United Kingdom131
See into the past as Pompeii was
Fabulous way to bring the ruins back to life - so much more than just looking at ruins. Would recommend to anyone…
London, United Kingdom20
VR Journey to Pompeii
We did this tour in the afternoon (quieter) after visiting Vesuvius in the morning. Not cheap but worth every…
Made our visit much more enjoyable.
You need a lot of time to see Pompeii and this tour is a great way to start your day there. Your guide Anna spoke…
- Flashback Journey to Pompeii
- Duration: 4–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241