View all photos (177)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Walk through the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp on an in-depth guided tour. Learn about the history of the concentration camp and the Third Reich through your guide’s sensitive commentary while visiting the cells, laboratory, infirmary, barracks, and other key sections. Leave the navigation to your guide, as you travel together by train, and get tips for the rest of your Berlin stay.
- Hear sensitive, in-depth commentary about the concentration camp’s history
- Travel via train, which gives you time to ask your guide questions
- Tips on the rest of your Berlin visit from a provided city guide and map
- Gain a better understanding of events during the Holocaust and the Third Reich
What to Expect
Meet your guide and group at the Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station in Berlin in time for your train’s departure. On the way to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, take in the scenery and listen to an orientation to the somber sights you are about to encounter. Once you arrive, take off on a walking tour of the site. Your visit will be shaped by the sensitive and illuminating commentary from your guide, who will paint a picture of the daily lives of more than 200,000 people who spent time there. Learn important background history of the site as you walk through the the Jewish Barrack, the execution grounds and crematorium, the Appellplatz parade ground, the punishment cells, camp hospital, Station Z, and the Pathology Laboratory. Set against the context of the larger Holocaust and the activities of the Third Reich, this tour will help you gain a wider understanding of the events of that time period. Return to Berlin via train, with plenty of time to ask questions of your guide on the way back.
Neue Promenade 3, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Bahnhofsplatz, Bahnhofspl., 16515 Oranienburg, Germany
- Local guide
- City map, including information regarding public transport and the best of Berlin's museums and nightlife
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Berlin Transport ABC Zone ticket (approx 3.30 Euros each way) that is available from your guide on the day
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Original Berlin Walks
Thunder Bay, Canada2017
Great orientation to Berlin and its history with Ysanne
Four hours with Ysanne is time very well spent and goes by in a flash. She has a wealth of knowledge about…
Great way to see Berlin.
We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Chris (from Canada). He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Learned a lot.
Best Berlin walking tour!
An unexpectedly delightful and interesting tour across Berlin. Jake, our guide, with his funny and dramatic way of…
Dave was an exceptional tour guide!
My 21 year old son, my husband and I took this tour last week. Dave was our tour guide and he did a wonderful job.…
Great guide, great info and reall really great tour. I would reccommend a tour to all traveling to Berlin. You…
Awesome and knowledgeable tour guide Laura
Would highly recommend Original Berlin Walks. Our tour guide Laura was extremely knowledgeable in all areas of…
Very knowledgable, great beer and a good time
Cesar was very knowledgable and brought the group to great spots. He often suggested the beers and everything was…
Wish I'd done this tour at the beginning of the holiday. it was excellent.
Jess(ie) was brilliant. An insightful, knowledgable guide with a love of the City. Such an interesting, well put…
Leeds, United Kingdom4725
Excellent Tour around Berlin!
Our tour guide Jess was excellent! He was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the history of Germany. The…
Discover Berlin half day walking tour
Chris, our Canadian guide was very good. He was funny and extremely knowledgeable. Despite the rain at times it…
- Original Berlin Walks, Gedenkstatte und Museum Sachsenhausen, and 1 more
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241