Secret des Chais
By Château Royal de Cognac
Le Château de Cognac a la particularité d’être un Monument Historique : ancienne résidence royale, lieu de naissance de François 1er, elle est aujourd’hui la Maison des Cognacs BARON OTARD et D’USSÉ. Véritable témoignage de l’Histoire de France, le Château constitue un lieu de visite incontournable. Parcourez les vestiges du Passé, du Moyen Age à aujourd’hui. Découvrez les conditions naturelles de vieillissement si particulières du Château, et dégustez les différents cognacs au cœur des chais secs et des chais humides (voutes basses). Accompagné de votre ambassadeur, sur les pas du Maître de Chai, explorez les salles renaissances, mais aussi les appartements du Roi habituellement fermés au public, tout en dégustant* 3 qualités de Cognacs : les VSOP, XO Gold et EXTRA BARON OTARD qui seront directement extraits sous vos yeux ! *Réservée aux personnes majeures uniquement.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 1-99, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- VSOP, XO and EXTRA BARON OTARD cognacs will be extracted directly before your eyes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Château Royal de Cognac
- Food & Beverage
- Shop items
- Departure details
- Royal Castle of Cognac, 127 Bd Denfert Rochereau, 16100 Cognac, France
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 35174P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Secret des Chais?
- How much is Secret des Chais?
- Secret des Chais price starts from €80.10. Discover and book Secret des Chais on Tripadvisor
- What is the Secret des Chais cancellation policy?
- Secret des Chais cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Secret des Chais on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Secret des Chais?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 35174P4
- You'll start atRoyal Castle of Cognac127 Bd Denfert Rochereau, 16100 Cognac, FranceSee address & details
- 1Chateau Royal de CognacStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedThe Château of Cognac has the distinction of being a Historic Monument: a former royal residence, the birthplace of François I, and it is now the home of BARON OTARD and D’USSÉ Cognacs. A true testimony to the history of France, the Château is a must-see. Explore the vestiges of the past, from the Middle Ages to the present day. Discover the Château’s unique natural ageing conditions and taste the different cognacs in the dry and wet cellars (low vaults). Different qualities of VSOP, XO and EXTRA BARON OTARD cognacs will be extracted directly before your eyes*! Accompanied by your ambassador, follow in the footsteps of the Cellar Master and explore the renaissance rooms and the King’s apartments, which are usually closed to the public.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Evocative tour and lovely cognac!
We signed up for the tour in French due to scheduling issues, but as we were the only guests, our guide kindly gave…
Immersive French history with an emphasis on Cognac!
This facility is very cool! Lots of French history took place here, very authentic surroundings, topped off with a …
Not quite what we expected
So if I'm honest - I expected to see brandy making in progress! Perhaps, stupid of me. I didn't expect the fairly…
Interesting Chateau tour.
A really interesting tour of the Chateau and its cellars with a good explanation of the production and maturation o…
Magnificent tour of historical Chateau de Cognac!
My wife and I are travelling the Atlantic Coast and have stopped in Cognac primarily due to its reputation for prod…
Super tour of Château & Cellars
Really enjoyed the tour, it was nice to start off with the history and a tour of the château which was very interes…
We loved this tour it was excellent from start to finish and our guide Angeline was charming and so informative. Sh…
Very nice and informative tour, tasters were nice, especially the cocktail. Ultimately really good value for money,…
Home of Cognac holds surprises
We were visiting our twin Rotary Club based in the French commune of Melle, in south west France, to help their Mem…
The Baron Otard - Cognac
From booking to driving away from Cognac, the whole experience was simple and very enjoyable. First time booking th…
Just did a tour and tasting with my guide, Catherine. Catherine spoke extremely good English and was very easy to u…
Katherine the Great
We had a Château and blind tasting tour. Our tour guide Katherine, was absolutely great and she spoke English very …
Beautiful château well organised tour easy to book. There free parking just opposite the château. There are lots of…
Excellent tour, informative and fascinating history
A really good tour with Angeline, her first in English and much better explained regarding the cognac process than …
Great experience with actual English speaking guide
We booked the tour with English guide and got a great English speaking guide. The tour was very interesting and giv…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
There was an excellent guide in the Castle throughout the old cellars to the nowdays tasting area spiced with great stories.
Written 4 September 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Thank you for your visit & your comment :)
Written 16 September 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.