Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Bike hire
- Self-guided cycle routes and maps.
- Hi Viz vests, Lock per bike; Helmet..
- Departure details
- Cahernamart, Westport, Co. Mayo, F28 A2N4, Ireland
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 11121P475
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour?
- Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour price starts from €33.78. Discover and book Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour cancellation policy?
- Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour?
- Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour is hosted by Ireland Wild Escapes. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ireland Wild Escapes on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 11121P475
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atF28 A2N4Cahernamart, Westport, Co. Mayo, F28 A2N4, IrelandSee address & details
- 1WestportStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2NewportStop: 2 hoursSee details
- 3MulrannyStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4Clew BayStop: 3 hoursSee detailsPass byCroagh Patrick
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Ireland Wild Escapes
Joined in November 2014
#3 of 11 Classes & Workshops in Galway
- 485aprile00Great Kylemore tour!Our driver was great to be with and was flexible with our group. We loved having lunch with her and she provided such great background on the area! Excellent driver and tour!
- Sherpa36491300Fantastic tour of the Connemara region and Kylemore Abbey.Our tour was super from start to finish! Our guide Tony was an excellent driver and provided wonderful commentary and history throughout the day. We had plenty of time at each stop and never felt rushed as you often feel on the big-bus tours. We like to walk a lot and this tour allowed plenty of opportunity for that. We got in 3+ miles, but there was no requirement to walk so this tour would work for people who want less walking too. We had a great lunch at a pub and still lots of time to see Kylemore Abbey with all its sites.
- jeffersond60300A must-do in Doolin!What a great way to see the cliffs as you pass by acres of farmland and old stone walls. It is a fairly strenuous hike that goes up about 800 vertical feet but it is invigorating and all in our group made it up without an issue. There are plenty of opportunities for breaks whenever you need them. This tour gives you a completely different perspective than simply driving to the visitor's center, and the background information provided by our guide, Ollie, was fascinating. The best part of traveling is to immerse yourself in your destination, and this tour does that perfectly. Special shout-out to Ollie for his enthusiasm, friendliness and the way he made us all friends by the end of the tour!
- K1656ZSnickr0010/10 would recommendThis hike was the highlight of our trip! I definitely recommend this to those who take the path less followed and enjoy a good challenge! The spectacular views coupled with our amazing guide, Pat, made this a very worthwhile experiment.
- sarahmguenther00Castles of Connemara-a wonderful timeTony’s trip around Connemara through the castles and villages was breathtaking. We were lucky enough to have a small tour and learned a vast amount from both Tony and the many guides that specialize in the history of their chosen locations. Beautiful views, great pace, and a really insightful time on history hundreds of years old and culture today. Would recommend to all looking for a thorough history, amazing views and an easy adventure. Worth the ticket for an intimate, local touristing.
- mike s00Simply amazingPat and Mark were very knowledgeable and friendly and the views are amazing. Hard to describe how beautiful this was. It’s a hike for three hours with a few stops to take in the views. Make sure you have good shoes on. I highly recommend it.
- anne b00ExercelintAntony was so so helpful he even picked us up with no extra charge he is a pure gentleman. So friendly and full of chat even when he was up to his eyes . Wonderful experience
- Donna P00Castles tour was great.Colleen was great and very informative. She made it a very personal experience. Everything was timed well but we could have used a little more time at the Abbey.
- 123jackim00Sea kayak along the Wild Atlantic Way in beautiful Mannin Bay, south of ClifdenMust do! The waters of Mannin Bay were so clear and the sea life was beautiful. We were a group of 4 and opted to do double kayaks instead of single which worked great. All of the gear was provided except for water shoes but they did have some there that others have left that you could use. Make sure to wear something light to fit properly under your wet suit. I also brought a waterproof pouch for my phone to take pictures. The guide gave great instructions prior to going out and, although we were all experienced in kayaking, the level needed for the journey was not too challenging. Would recommend for families.
- adventurefam2300Best views and beautiful hikeThis is the absolute best way to experience the Cliffs. Pat is full of history and knows the most beautiful spots along the way. His knowledge of the area and his life on the Cliffs and respect for the nature add to the experience. The hike is not simple but absolutely worth it!
- irishockey00A perfect dayI'd seen the cliffs years before both from the water and the visitor center. This was one of the highlights of my trip. I was looking for something to do nearby while my husband golfed at Lahinch and remembered Daly's house in Doolin, where i'd stayed in 2014, recommended a walk along the cliffs so I emailed Pat and was luckily included in a great group of walkers with two families, a couple and another single hiker. Due to high season, Pat elected to start us nearer the visitor center and walk to Doolin. It was an amazingly clear sunny morning and the walk was fantastic. I have to admit, sometimes I lingered behind to take photos and didn't always hear all of the tour notes but what I did hear was perfect. Great stories, history of the path and the area. Truly an extraordinary experience!
- sporzy1500Picture perfect viewsThoroughly enjoyed cliffs and their beauty. The walk is not for the faint of heart. The hills can be anywhere from gradual to steep on uneven ground. With all that the views are spectacular and worth the walk.
- 335betsyp00Lots to SeeThe tour was good. Made it easy to see the three sites. Price was reasonable. But, we didn't get enough time at Kylemore to see the gardens. The tour guide was friendly, informative and helpful. Stopped at various sites along the coast which was nice. The group was small which we liked.
- LightPacker52889800Best way to experience the CliffsThoroughly enjoyed the walk with Pat. He not only shared lots of interesting stories about the area, but also his love and concern for his community and the future of the beautiful land that he lead us through. The walk is safe but you can expect to get a work-out so wear good hiking/walking shoes and wear layers.
- 760clarei00Wonderful knowledgeable warm hearted guidePat Sweeney is a wonderful straight up guy. His walk *at quite a pace* is the best way to see the Cliffs of Moher. He's one of the main reasons we have the path. Community minded enterprise. We had a lift back to the start point with his fine young son as the school bus that takes you back was too full. So just book him and put money in local pockets . Yes Pat Sweeney he's yer man. Fair play
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Aug 2022 • Family
Excellent bike trip along the beautiful Greenway. Fantastic service and support from Paul. Both of us enjoyed immensely. I would highly recommend.
Written 13 August 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.