Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour
By Overland Ireland
We have put together an amazing journey for you jam packed with stories and legends and the best the East has to offer. Prepare to swoon at impressive architecture, historical sights and enjoy our famous Irish ‘Céad Míle Fáilte’ (a hundred thousand welcomes) while breathing in the fresh air! This unique self-drive experience to Ireland is powered by our bespoke app. Paddy the Pocket Pilot has hours of information pre-loaded about Ireland’s most famous sites and off the beaten track locations. Learn Gaelic on the go and have 24/7 access to a professional guide via the app. The app connects to google maps with all your destinations pre-loaded so all you need to do is show up and drive! Passes for activities and experiences throughout the tour will be at your fingertips through the app. All the freedom of a self-drive road trip safe in the knowledge that Paddy the Pocket Pilot is on hand whenever you need him!
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Car Rental - Comprehensive Insurance
- Bespoke Paddy the Pocket Pilot App - 24/7 Support on Tour
- Most Activities, Experiences and Entries to National Parks
- Detailed Itineraries
- Entry/Admission - Kilkenny Castle
- Entry/Admission - Smithwick's Experience
- Entry/Admission - Waterford Greenway
- Entry/Admission - Tintern Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Hook Lighthouse
- Entry/Admission - Cork Heritage Park
- Entry/Admission - Titanic Experience Cobh
- Entry/Admission - Jameson Distillery Midleton
- Entry/Admission - Blarney Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Rock of Cashel
- Some optional activities and entrance fees that cannot be prepaid.
- Departure details
- Dublin Airport, Dublin, Ireland We provide you with details to download our specially designed app. The app will provide the information you need, act as your guide and show you where to collect your rental car for the duration of your trip.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18519P15
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour?
- How much is Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour?
- Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour price starts from €620.67. Discover and book Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour cancellation policy?
- Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour?
- Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour is hosted by Overland Ireland. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Overland Ireland on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Self-Drive of Ireland - The Ancient East Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18519P15
Ireland’s Ancient East &...
Waterford, The Sunny South-East
Wexford - The Hook Peninsula
The Copper Coast, Co. Cork
The Ring of Cork, Kinsale
Kiss the Blarney Stone
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
10 day ultimate small group tour from Dublin EPIC!
From the moment we were picked up by our driver and tour guide, Mark D., we were well taken care of. It was apparen…
Great tour and guide from Overland Ireland
My wife and I took a ten-day small group tour of Ireland with Overland in the second half of September 2022. If yo…
AMAZING experience - exceeded my expectations!
How lucky were we to choose Overland Ireland for our Ireland Tour? We saw everything that was scheduled and so man…
Amazing ULTIMATE experience
When booking our first trip to Ireland, we were on the fence of whether or not we would try to do it ourselves or b…
Five Day tour with stops in Kinsale, Dingle, Doolin and finally Galway.
Pat O'Mara was our guide for this 4 night 5 day tour starting in Dublin and ended in Galway. Pat left no detail unn…
10-day Ultimate Tour
Our 10-day Ultimate tour was spectacular. We saw everything on the itinerary plus so much more. We were totally imm…
G R P00
I was so fortunate to be on this tour.
Another tour company informed us weeks before arrival that they missed our booking had no room for us. Fortunately…
Having just completed the 10 day ultimate tour with Overland Ireland, I feel the need to let others know about the …
Finn the guide rocked! Castle stay complete waste of money
Our guide Finn was extraordinary!!! In no particular order: he had a vast range of knowledge, enjoyable to be aroun…
Just do it! Choose Overland for your trip to Ireland.
This tour was above and beyond our expectations! This trip was postponed twice due to Covid lock downs. It was well…
Ireland has always been a big bucket list item for me, and Overland Ireland helped me check it off the list in the …
Small group tour is a must
My favourite part of the small tour was it was a small group of us and we got to know one another - can’t imagine g…
Our tour guide Finn took us around the Country Kinsale kayaking Galway Aran Islands He was wonderful driving and gi…
Great Atlantic Adventure - Perfect Tour!!!
It is hard to know where to start with this review...it was such an amazing experience. I was the only solo travele…
I am very pleased with the company! Easy communication by e-mail - they replay to all your questions before booking…