Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tours are small and consist of 1 guide and up to 6 guests. The guide will adapt the hiking pace to suit the guest's abilities for a fully enjoyable experience. This allows our guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in their surroundings and connect with nature. Rainforest Tours provides a pickup and drop off service from 812 Wharf St in Victoria. Located in downtown Victoria. Or, 6715 Eustace Rd, Sooke. Located in downtown Sooke. We have backpacks, plenty of water and a delicious lunch of a roast chicken or vegetarian sandwich for you to choose from. While hiking through the trails, I will point out some of the local flora and fauna and speak to some of the medicinal uses by the local First Nations.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1East Sooke Regional ParkStop: 4 hours - Admission includedEast Sooke Park is one of the most picturesque regional parks on Vancouver Island. The park is a beautiful landscape along the seaside with amazing coastal bluffs. There is a 3 km, 6 km, or 10 km hike at this location. This full day will begin with a 30-minute drive from Victoria or a 15-minute drive from Sooke. The destination has scenic coastal views overlooking the ocean toward the Olympic mountains. We will follow the coastline, hiking through western red cedar, douglas fir, and arbutus trees. There are lots of opportunities to stop and enjoy the view with beaches to explore and a good probability of wildlife spotting. We customize the hike based on the group and hike as little or as much as you would like. If time permits, we will drive 10-minutes from the first destination to another trail. This trail will lead you under the canopy of mature western red cedars, sitka spruce, and douglas fir trees ranging from 100 to 200 years old. This is a very flat trail with easy walking for a cool down to the day's adventures.Read more
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - East Sooke Regional Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We were lucky enough to be here for hawk watch weekend. We are keen birdwatchers and saw the spectacle of dozens of vultures massing up in the sky. Plus local groups of birders about for hawk migration. Great walking along the coast and to the point. But get there early for a…
Date of experience: September 2019
We took a full-day tour to the old-growth forest of Avatar Grove and Botanical Beach in the Juan de Fuca Provincial Park, with a very friendly young local guide who showed us the extreme beauty of Nature around there. During the car trip from our accomodation in Sooke we had a…
Date of experience: August 2019
From the paperwork and from the minute Toni picked us up in her SUV from Ogden Point Cruise terminal, we knew it was going to be professional. Toni is well informed and good company.We never felt rushed - there was time for photographs yet we covered a lot of ground with Toni…
Date of experience: May 2019
1 Helpful vote
Explorer of the Seas only docks a partial day in Victoria. I booked the 1/2 day Copper Mine trail hike with Toni before our cruise ship arrived. We met Toni after a short walk away from the port security checkpoint. She picked us up in a super clean van that had plenty of…
Date of experience: August 2018
Response from Toni C, Owner at East Sooke Park
Responded 20 Aug 2018
I'm so glad you enjoyed your day. Thank you for being flexible, as well. Traffic out to the park that day was a challenge, and I'm so happy we were able to make it work. Safe travel's home . Toni
The first stop at Whiffin Spit Park had us seeing seals, otters, bald eagles, a pair of great blue herons and an amazing assortment of goodies in the tide pools along the beach. A quick trip through Sooke Harbour House Hotel offered us a glimpse of the work of local artists and…
Date of experience: July 2017
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Rainforest Tours
Amazing hike with great conpany
Toni was absolutely amazing as a tour guide, island host, and “friend for the day”. We had a small group, just 3 of…
Great experience - highly recommend!
We went on a half day guided hike and had a blast. Lots of great scenery, clear explanations of the local wildernes…
Excellent hike to beautiful Juan de Fuca (north)
Early July, I joined Toni with a friend and we made a full day tour (hike) in Juan de Fuca (northern part). In beau…
old growth, new growth, gnarly growth = a perfect day
From the drive out to Sooke and up the coast, the walking into the forest, coast, local animals and birdlife - Toni…
Glorious views and a glorious day with a superb guide
We had a lovely day with Toni at East Sooke Park. The weather was glorious and Toni is very knowledgeable as well a…
Full Day Botanical & Avatar Grove
Agreed!! Toni is super knowledgeable about all the vegetation and wildlife on the tour. She is warm and friendly, w…
Botanical Beach and Avatar Grove Full Day Hike
Botanical Beach and Avatar Grove Full Day Hike with Toni was as great mix of walking through the temperate rainfore…
Once in a Life Experience
I saw orchas, a whale, couple of elephant seals and some regular seals. Did I mentioned the beautiful walk through …
Lucky day looking out on the ocean and wandering through the forest!
Had to book a tour last minute because my car rental did not pan out, and got very lucky getting a tour with Toni -…
Two hikes in beautiful forests and beaches, plus tide pool exploration
I initially booked only a half-day hike, but had so much fun that I had to book another full day hike later in the …
great day in the forest and at the beach and tide pools
Our family had a wonderful time with Toni, and my very critical son declared that the rainforest tour was the best …
Wonderful hike and tidal pool experience!!
My 11 yo grand-daughter and I had a morning hike that was perfect. Toni tailored it to Edie's interests and while …
2 days Fantastic hiking!!!
In May 2017 I joined Rain Forest Tours Guided Hiking for 2 days (2 separate trips). It was fantastic!! And still 1 …
My daughter and I booked an afternoon rainforest hike with Toni. She was so helpful and in coordinating a morning …
A wonderful hike with stunning views
My little family and I had an incredible time with Toni as she led us on a hike along the coastline experiencing vi…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about East Sooke Park
What time does East Sooke Park start?
East Sooke Park will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book East Sooke Park on Tripadvisor
How much is East Sooke Park?
East Sooke Park price starts from €67.84. Discover and book East Sooke Park on Tripadvisor
What is the East Sooke Park cancellation policy?
East Sooke Park cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book East Sooke Park on Tripadvisor