Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
On this special Outback Walking and Hiking trip through Punta Cana’s countryside, you get to learn firsthand about the natural beauty of our island. Enjoy meaningful interactions while exploring on foot alongside a professional guide countryside paths.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1AnamuyaStop: 3 minutesOn this special Outback Walking and Hiking trip through Punta Cana’s countryside, you get to learn firsthand about the natural beauty of our island. Enjoy meaningful interactions while exploring on foot alongside a professional guide countryside paths. Soak up interesting facts about Dominican culture and history and learn from him about local wildlife and endemic flora and fauna. This part of the Dominican Republic is, quite simply, a tropical paradise with lush green forests and ecologically farmed plantations, crystal clear and fresh springs and streams and fantastic views all the way to the Atlantic Ocean, once you reach the top of the hill. There is a wealth of bird and wildlife too: from iguanas and lizards, from hummingbirds to hawks and vultures, that just invites you to stop and enjoy some bird watching along the way. A huge variety of fruit trees and natural herbs can be found here and your guide will share some of his knowledge about local cures and remedies with you while you stroll along with shady forests, crossing small creeks and streams. Outback’s walking and hiking tour through the mountains and valleys of Anamuya River and El Bonao are one of the best ways to experience the real essence of the Dominican countryside.Read more
- Professional trained guide
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This was in the mountains which I wanted a chance to see. Picked us up from a resort in punta cana. The drive took about 45 minutes through some small towns which was nice to see the some of the country. The vehicle was a large suv. It was like having 2 tours in one with the…
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Outback Adventures
A Must-Do Activity!
If you really want to get a feel for the culture of DR, then this is your tour! We had such a great time and learne…
Best authentic Dominican tour.
We had a great day out. Angel, our guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. Nico our driver was very hospitable an…
Great educational experience!
Our family of 5, 3 kids ages 13, 12, and 9, all had a great day with Angel and Vlad. The weather was not the great…
Outback and beyond amazing day out
Angel our guide and Cesar the driver were amazing. Angel so knowledgeable. Amazing day. 100% recommend.
Like a really fun school trip - with rum
The trip felt fun from the moment we saw the truck we’d be in. The tour took us to parts of the island we would onl…
Good trip to understand the culture and history
In spite of it being a wet day we enjoyed. Angel was our guide and Vladimir the able driver. Both were excellent a…
Brilliant trip made exceptional by the Guides
Booked this trip when in Punta Cana as it sounded interesting. Don't be put off by the appearance of the transport…
we did the half day tour with our adult children as this was their first international vacation, they were impresse…
This excursion was fantastic the tour guide (Angel) was a brilliant laugh and very entertaining throughtout the day…
This is the excursion, I took that made me fall in love with Punta Cana. We stopped at a school, set at the kids d…
Brilliant trip definitely a must with these guys if you visit Punta Canta visited a lot of different places
Best part of Punta Cana
What a fantastic tour, George was the best! You get to go into the hills and see the real villages and farms. We vi…
Susie was a wonderful, knowledgeable, and funny tour guide. We are so happy we took this tour as recommended by Ams…
Outback Tour Punta Cana
We had a wonderful day. Alex , our tour guide, made it fun and educational! Would highly recommend this tour.
Love Leondro and Vladimir!
The tour was full of history, culture, and beautiful scenery. Leondro and Vladimir were a great team. They were kno…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana
How much is Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana?
Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana price starts from €57.51. Discover and book Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana on Tripadvisor
What is the Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana cancellation policy?
Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana?
Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana is hosted by Outback Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Outback Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h 30m. Discover and book Hiking and Walking Tour Punta Cana on Tripadvisor