Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Higuey City Cultural Experience, the perfect way of submerging yourself in the Dominican culture & religious beliefs, learning about history & local customs around one of the oldest cities of La Hispaniola “Higuey”. According to some authors, GUEY or HUIOU is the sun in the Arawakan language of the island’s native Taíno people. The name Higüey is believe to mean Land Where the Sun is Born.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Outback AdventuresStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2ValleginaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Mercado MunicipalStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 4Basilica Catedral Nuestra Senora de la AltagraciaStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5MONUMENTO HISTORICO IGLESIA PARROQUIAL SAN DIONISIOStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6D' Yira RestaurantStop: 45 minutesSee details
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Unlimited drinks (open bar)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Catedral Nuestra Senora de la Altagracia
- Entry/Admission - MONUMENTO HISTORICO IGLESIA PARROQUIAL SAN DIONISIO
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: Hotel name
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- What to Bring: sun screen, sun glasses, light clothing and comfortable shoes
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Outback Adventures
Overall very good trip
This was in the mountains which I wanted a chance to see. Picked us up from a resort in punta cana. The drive took …
A Must-Do Activity!
If you really want to get a feel for the culture of DR, then this is your tour! We had such a great time and learne…
Best authentic Dominican tour.
We had a great day out. Angel, our guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. Nico our driver was very hospitable an…
Great educational experience!
Our family of 5, 3 kids ages 13, 12, and 9, all had a great day with Angel and Vlad. The weather was not the great…
Outback and beyond amazing day out
Angel our guide and Cesar the driver were amazing. Angel so knowledgeable. Amazing day. 100% recommend.
Like a really fun school trip - with rum
The trip felt fun from the moment we saw the truck we’d be in. The tour took us to parts of the island we would onl…
Good trip to understand the culture and history
In spite of it being a wet day we enjoyed. Angel was our guide and Vladimir the able driver. Both were excellent a…
Brilliant trip made exceptional by the Guides
Booked this trip when in Punta Cana as it sounded interesting. Don't be put off by the appearance of the transport…
we did the half day tour with our adult children as this was their first international vacation, they were impresse…
This excursion was fantastic the tour guide (Angel) was a brilliant laugh and very entertaining throughtout the day…
This is the excursion, I took that made me fall in love with Punta Cana. We stopped at a school, set at the kids d…
Brilliant trip definitely a must with these guys if you visit Punta Canta visited a lot of different places
Best part of Punta Cana
What a fantastic tour, George was the best! You get to go into the hills and see the real villages and farms. We vi…
Susie was a wonderful, knowledgeable, and funny tour guide. We are so happy we took this tour as recommended by Ams…
Outback Tour Punta Cana
We had a wonderful day. Alex , our tour guide, made it fun and educational! Would highly recommend this tour.
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Higuey City Cultural Tour
What time does Higuey City Cultural Tour start?
Higuey City Cultural Tour will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Higuey City Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Higuey City Cultural Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Higuey City Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Higuey City Cultural Tour?
Higuey City Cultural Tour price starts from €75.01. Discover and book Higuey City Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Higuey City Cultural Tour cancellation policy?
Higuey City Cultural Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Higuey City Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor