Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Pisgah National Forest is the oldest of its kind in the eastern US. With over 500,000 acres and 1,600 miles of trail, some of the best overlooks and waterfalls are often overlooked. We will meet at Ecusta Brewing, then you will follow me to the trailhead, a ~30 minute scenic drive including a bit of dirt road. 2-wheel drive vehicles will have no problem, the road is well-maintained. Starting at the trailhead, we will run a ~7 mile loop with 1,400' of vertical. The run parallels a beautiful mountain stream with several cascades, then climbs its way up to one of the best overlooks in the forest - Slate Rock. Towering over the Pink Beds Valley, the overlook includes views of nearby Pilot Rock and the distant high peaks of the Great Balsam Range. I would argue that the views are far better than John Rock, Cedar Rock, or even Looking Glass Rock. Its limited popularity is due mostly to its remoteness and difficulty to navigate due to several unmarked trails along the way.
- You’ll have 2 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1Pisgah National ForestStop: 3 hoursOur trail running tour explores the Pilot Cove/Slate Rock area and includes several smaller waterfalls, beautiful flora, and one of the top slickrock vistas in the entire forest. From the overlook, we can see nearby Pilot Rock, Pink Beds Valley, and the Great Balsam Mountains in the distance.Read more
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Ingles Markets, 3338 Boylston Hwy, Mills River, NC 28759, USA Ecusta Brewing Company, 49 Pisgah Hwy #3, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Handheld Water Bottle
- Running Gear
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Had a fantastic 7 mile trail run with Brandon. His knowledge of the trail was superb and key to the experience as many unmarked paths intersected our run and I would have been lost without him. View from Pilot Rock was wonderful on a crisp Fall morning. Having a guide to…
Date of experience: November 2019
Response from WhiteDotAdventures, Owner at Slate Rock Trail Running Tour
Responded 6 Nov 2019
Thanks for the review Tom! We have a great time showing you around an unexplored corner of the forest, and we look forward to more in the future!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: White Dot Adventures
Unique tour with beautiful overlook
This trip was a lot of fun... Brendon is a very personable guide. He knows his way around like no one else.
Top notch guide
Brendan has in depth knowledge of the area and knows how to string together trails to make for a great day out in t…
Triple Rock Challenge
White Dot Adventures is a great company that takes pride in what they do. Brendon is very knowledgable about the ar…
Best adventure trip in WNC! Beautiful trails and scenery, the bar was raised here! Highly recommend!
Great run & experience!!
My wife & I scheduled a custom 2 person trail run. Brendan tailored the pace & distance to our skill level and mad…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Slate Rock Trail Running Tour
How much is Slate Rock Trail Running Tour?
Slate Rock Trail Running Tour price starts from €84.28. Discover and book Slate Rock Trail Running Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Slate Rock Trail Running Tour cancellation policy?
Slate Rock Trail Running Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Slate Rock Trail Running Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Slate Rock Trail Running Tour?
Slate Rock Trail Running Tour is hosted by White Dot Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact White Dot Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Slate Rock Trail Running Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Slate Rock Trail Running Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Slate Rock Trail Running Tour on Tripadvisor