Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (234)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Filled with narrow lanes and pedestrian-only streets, the historic center of Quebec City is best explored on foot. This guided walking tour ensures you won’t miss the details that make the city so fascinating. Take advantage of Quebec City’s layout by following a downhill route from beginning to end, as a guide shares stories from the fortified city that’s the beating heart of French Canada.
You'll start at
12 Rue Sainte-Anne
12 Rue Sainte-Anne, Québec, QC G1R 3X3, CanadaTours start from the Upper Town district of Quebec City. Meet guide at Tours Voir Quebec sales desk inside the Tourist Information Center
See address & details
- Pass by Basilique Cathedrale - Notre-Dame-de-QuebecPass by La Citadelle de QuebecPass by Old PortPass by Place RoyalePass by Fortifications of Quebec National Historic Site
- 1Tours Voir QuebecStop: 2 hours - Admission includedThe Grand Tour departs from Tours Voir Québec’s sales desk located inside the Quebec Tourist Information Centre (12, rue Ste-Anne) across the park from highly visible Chateau Frontenac.Read morePass by Old Quebec
You'll end at
Funiculaire du Vieux-Québec
16 Rue du Petit Champlain, Québec, QC G1K 4H4, Canada
See address & details
- Experiencing Quebec City with a guide means you’ll see and understand more
- Visit pedestrian-only sites in the heart of the historic city
- Follow a gentle, downhill-only route from Upper Town to Lower Town
- Finish by the Old Quebec Funicular, which links Lower Town and Upper Town
What to Expect
Make your way to a central location in Quebec City’s Upper Town, and then join your guide for a small-group tour of the historic center—a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Set out on foot to running commentary on the modern-day culture and long history of Quebec City, passing stone buildings with a distinctly European feel. You’ll see the Fortifications of Quebec, and learn the important role that the city walls once played. Pass La Citadelle de Quebec (Quebec Citadel), an active military installation and the official residence of the Canadian monarch, then take in Notre Dame des Victoires—one of the oldest stone churches in Canada. Cross Place Royale, often called the birthplace of French America, and wrap up the tour near the base of the Old Quebec Funicular, where you can hop a ride back up to the Upper Town without retracing your steps uphill.
12 Rue Sainte-Anne, Québec, QC G1R 3X3, Canada
Funiculaire du Vieux-Québec, 16 Rue du Petit Champlain, Québec, QC G1K 4H4, Canada
- 2-hour guided walking tour
- Licensed and professional guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Tours Voir Quebec
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum 15 people per tour
- Between November and March, tours are arranged on a demand basis and require a minimum of 2 passengers to guarantee departure. If there are not sufficient passengers on the day of your tour and it does not operate, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Fantastic - our guide shared interesting stories and anecdotes at every corner and pointed out things which would have been impossible to notice alone!
Date of experience: June 2020
Excellent introduction to the history and secrets of Quebec City from a knowledgeable and passionate guide (who had a history and architecture degree from the University of Laval). Great afternoon, even for those who have visited the city before.
Date of experience: July 2020
Our tour guide was excellent. She gave us a solid appreciation of the history of Quebec and pointed out lots of interesting details in the old city.
Date of experience: March 2020
Most amazing tour in any city! PLEASE book with these people! Gave us N amazing tour and gave us a recommendation for the best French soup I’ve ever had afterward.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tours Voir Quebec
Wonderful and unique food experience
We were in Quebec City the week prior to the Covid-19 border closures. We had planned this trip months prior with …
Richard = Amazing
This was the highlight of our entire trip. He was not a tour guide by the end we all felt we had made a dear friend…
Small-Group Food Walking Tour
Our tour guide Richard was very friendly and knowledgable. We toured 5 local restaurants. They were all unique and …
Excellent tour and guide
The food and restaurant selection were excellent. Every location made an excellent accommodation for any dietary n…
Best of Quebec
One of the highlights of my trip to Quebec. Special thank you to Robert Simard for being an exceptional host and gu…
After looking at the reviews of the Chateau de Frontenac tour (by another company), we decided to do this walking t…
Just Joe CEO Sipsinternational1
Tour was off the chain - shows the markings in the street where they preserved history showing them how they pushed…
What a great way to spend a couple of hours to understand the city you are visiting. This was a very interesting to…
What a lovely experience! Robert was so funny and authentic in his love of history, Quebec and food. We had a won…
Fine Survey of QC
My wife and I enjoyed our 2.5 hour private tour of the Old Quebec City with Jeanne. She was very knowledgeable, wel…
Excellent Food Tour!
Jocelyn was an amazing tour guide! She has a lovely personality and made us feel like family as soon as the tour st…
Not what we expected
We left the tour after the first 30minutes. I am sure those who stayed had a great time. We left because it was a…
Great tour, nice anecdotes, perfect overview
We really enjoyed our tour... good pace, great stories, fun facts etc. upper and lower town.... great thing to do e…
Richard meets the Rocket
My wife and I decided on a private tour to avoid crowds and noise. We were assigned Richard as our tour guide. Ric…
Such a sweet tour guide
We really enjoyed how informative and sweet our tour guide, Regéanne, was during the experience. The stops were for…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 16,425 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Quebec City Walking Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Quebec City Walking Tour?
How much is Quebec City Walking Tour?
Quebec City Walking Tour price starts from US$23.65. Discover and book Quebec City Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Quebec City Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Quebec City Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Quebec City Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Quebec City Walking Tour?
Quebec City Walking Tour is hosted by Tours Voir Quebec. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tours Voir Quebec on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Quebec City Walking Tour on Tripadvisor