Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atArt Gallery of Ontario317 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4, CanadaSW corner of Dundas St W and McCaul Street, beside the Art Gallery of OntarioSee address & details
- Pass byOntario College of Art and DesignSpacingHorseshoe TavernGraffiti AlleyWest Queen WestTrinity Bellwoods ParkSweaty Betty's
- 1Toronto Urban AdventuresStop: 4 hours - Admission includedAfter the tour, you may want to check out some places for dinner, including the new restaurants that have popped up nearby on trendy Ossington Avenue, or neighborhood favorites like the Golden Turtle. Another memorable option is the historic Lakeview Restaurant, whose 1950s retro style has featured in many movies and TV shows, including the 2017 Academy Award-winning film 'The Shape of Water.'Read more
- You'll end at501 Lower Ossington Ave501 Lower Ossington Ave, Toronto, ON M6J 2Y7, CanadaQueen Street West and Ossington StreetSee address & details
Art Gallery of Ontario, 317 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4, Canada
501 Lower Ossington Ave, Toronto, ON M6J 2Y7, Canada
- Local English-speaking guide
- Snack of house-made seasonal specialties like sourdough bread and pickles
- Small beer at the Horseshoe Tavern
- Chalk spray and gloves provided
- Off-menu drink specialty at Sweaty Betty’s
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Toronto Urban Adventures
- Additional food and drinks not listed in the itinerary
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuity for your guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- Travellers under 19 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Note that Toronto ranges from hot and humid in summer months to strong windchills in the winter. Please dress for the weather.
- For your New York Times Journeys/Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I got a Groupon for a friend's birthday gift -- I wanted to go ahead and set the dates before giving it to her, but their website had no upcoming dates available. I reached out by email and phone, got an email response saying the dates would be posted in the next week. Two…
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from JasonTourGuy, Owner at Toronto: 'New York Times Journeys' Afternoon Arts Walking Tour with Food and Drink
Responded 2 Mar 2020
Hello, and thanks for your review. I want to first apologize for the break in communication and not being in touch about the tour you wanted. Over the course of the winter we re-assess our tours and make adjustments to the schedule and the tour in particular you bought a Groupon for (Cool Toronto: Queen Street West) is one that we are not offering on a regular basis to the public going forward as it has seen to few bookings over the last year. When we spoke in the phone I had not yet made the final decision and there was a good chance that it would have been added to our schedule of public tours, but we will be offering it only as a private tour with a different cost. I should have advised you to request a refund right away, but I’m in the business of pleasing customers and not disappointing them. I’m very sorry that In this rare instance I was not able to get back to you in a timely manner about this change. This was entirely my fault. I have taken on a new operations manager so I won’t be a “one man show” when it comes to fielding customer inquiries any more and can promise this won’t happen again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org as I would like to offer you something to make up for all this.
Tour with Jason Fun, educational , personal Learned lots about redevelopment, Canada’s relationship with First Nation, food, beer, life, art, urban wildlife Tour includes stop for beer or great coffee and fresh made donuts and restaurant for tasting and we ended up at Sweaty…
This was a really great tour, with Jason leading us around the downtown area explaining the history of Toronto and Queen St W. Found out about some great places that will definitely make you feel 'in the know' when you take friends back there!
Date of experience: January 2019
Great walking tour, got to see a lot of the city and learn about the history of Toronto's neighborhoods as they've changed over the years. Cool stops at local shops and restaurants and great storytelling by Jason, who's passionate about his city and knows it all!
Date of experience: January 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Toronto Urban Adventures
Had a great day on the History Is Better With Beer Tour!
Had a great day on the History is Better with Beer Tour in Toronto! 4 of us were toured through some great parts o…
The tour was fun and interesting and glad I got the chance to see some neighborhoods in the city I might not otherw…
It was an interesting morning
My boyfriend and I took this trip as a weekend date/getting to know our city better trip (We're both familiar with …
highly recommend, he was amazing.
Jordan was excellent! Was incredibly knowledgeable about both beer and Toronto history. I'm from Toronto and he had…
Great Beer Tour
Jordan was great, very informative about Toronto. Took us to some great boozers with excellent beer. The nachos and…
This was booked as part of a larger group tour so was unsure of what to expect. Jason was a brilliant host; warm, f…
Discover some of the best eats in Old Toronto
Did the Canadian Food Discovery tour with my boyfriend, and it was a lot of fun. We're both locals, but we learned …
We had our tour with Sam and she was fabulous! She was so receptive to questions and had all the answers too! We ar…
Don’t Hesitate. Book it!
We did both the Kensington Market and St. Lawrence Market tours with Jason. This will sound like a broken record b…
Visit both sides of Hogtown
Starting in the east at St Lawrence Market the majority of the tour occurred in the west of Toronto, with a streetc…
Fantastic way to explore the neighbourhoods
Jason was a friendly, funny and equally knowledgable guide. Unlike some walking tours where you feel the guide may …
A great way to experience the neighborhood.
Jason was an amazing and knowledgeable guide. Visiting Kensington Market was highly recommended by co-workers. The …
Charming way to absorb the history and current state of an interesting and diverse part of Toronto
We really enjoyed this tour and were surprised at the scope of subjects dealt with expertly by our guide, Brie. Fro…
Jordan was awesome
Jordan was an awesome tour guide!!! Would highly recommend the tour. He is funny, friendly, and approachable. Recom…
Fun and interesting
Great time, cool bars, informative guide. Jordan met everyone by the Hockey Hall of Fame and walked us all over …
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: language_english_ffffe66c
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 3,005 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 121 travellers!