This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
As with all our excursions, nothing is fixed and Our tours can be custom-tailored to your interests and we welcome the opportunity to make your tour unique and personal; however, keep timing in mind and the fact that additional time spent at various attractions may affect getting to others.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Peggy's CoveStop: 90 minutesDeparting from your local accommodator or cruise dock We'll circle the Public Gardens and the Citadel, drive along the shores of the harbour, stop near the 1917 Explosion site and Bedford Basin and drive by the Titanic Cemetery. Leaving the city behind us we will make our way toward Peggy’s Cove. Only 15 minutes outside the city on route to the cove you will see a remarkable change from the urban economy of the city to the rural economy of Nova Scotia. This means you will be seeing fishing coves, villages and wilderness views that are a photographer’s playland. The next stop is one of the most photographed places in Canada and the most photographed lighthouse in North America: Peggy’s Cove. We’ll discuss the namesake of the area before entering the village. Like stepping back in time, Fisherman’s cottages line the shore, with lobster pots, rowing boats and fishing nets paying testament to the fact that this is still a working community. Picturesque it may be, but Peggy’s Cove is alive and well. Signs directing the many visitors through the village stress the need to respect the inhabitants as they go about their working lives. After a very brief orientation we’ll allow you and your group some time to self-explore the light house site, weather depending take in the sounds of the local bag piper, shop at the various artisan shops, take in a snack or lunch and satisfy your inner culture vulture at William deGarthe Art Gallery. Leaving the fabled lighthouse behind We’ll be able to view, and if time permits, stop at the Swiss Air Flight 111 Memorial and discuss its impact on the local area. Then we will travel along a winding picturesque route toward Halifax. Be sure to let your guide know if you’d like a stop at the Acadian Maple Product retail store so you can learn about the Maple syrup industry in Nova Scotia or find the perfect gift to take home. Maple syrup doesn’t get any cheaper than where it is made. *IMPORTANT NOTE: Regarding your exploration and walk about at Peggy’s Cove; The rocks at water’s edge are as dangerous as they are iconic and if boundaries and warnings are not heeded there is a possibility of falling into the ocean. We have never lost anybody because so far everyone has heeded warnings, signage, and boundaries. We simply ask that you do that too.Read more
- All Fees and Taxes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Van Tours of Nova Scotia
We booked a three hour tour and paid the deposit in advance. On day of tour scheduled for 1pm a driver came at 9am.…
Terry Smith made my family smile!
Terry took us to Peggy's Cove from the cruise port in Halifax and kept my multi-generation family entertained and s…
Gary Jollymore Succsesville bussiness man.
I did not take a tour ,but Gary met me at Stanfield Airport, after my long flight fro Victoria BC, No one knew tha…
Garry Jollymore best tour guide
I booked this tour guide for our first time in Halifax. We had a group of 6 from our Celebrity Cruise ship. We all…
Saw a lot in a 7 Hour tour from Halifax
Dave was our driver/guide who met us right at the cruise port. Being a a life-long resident of Halifax, he was very…
Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg tour
Without doubt this was one of the best tours we have done. As we had the time we requested a tour to both places an…
Garry Jollymore - The Best
Garry is both knowledgeable and professional. We left Halifax confident that we were able to learn and visit the i…
Our family vacation this year was Nova Scotia. We were going to sail from New York to Halifax. Since we are Cajun…
Request Garry Jollymore
I am a history teacher, so usually pretty bored on these types of tours, but my 3 sisters were with me, so we decid…
Touring Nova Scotia in Comforrt
We had two different tour guides/drivers, Darryl and Dave for our four days of day tours from Halifax. Each was kno…
Driver, not a tour guide
Our 6 hour tour was altogether too long. Right off the bat, the driver started giving us his view of the world and …
Extreme lack of communication
I struggled a bit regarding the rating. We previously used NS Van Tours and were quite pleased. Unfortunately thi…
Driver not a Tour Guide
Just be warned that you are more apt to have just a driver rather than a tour guide. The tour was more like hours i…
5 hour Van Tour of Halifax and Peggys Cove
Our driver, Garry Jollymore, was a very competent and pleasant tour guide and driver for the day. He gave us great …
A great tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove
Four of us were met at the cruise terminal for a great day touring the area. Our guide was fantastic! He was so k…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241