This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
As with all our excursions, nothing is fixed and Our tours can be custom-tailored to your interests and we welcome the opportunity to make your tour unique and personal; however, keep timing in mind and the fact that additional time spent at various attractions may affect getting to others.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hall's HarbourStop: 5 hoursLeaving your local accommodator or cruise dock we’ll take in the downtown core of the historic city as we make our way to follow Nova Scotia's scenic Evangeline Trail to Hall's Harbour on the Bay of Fundy a favorite spot for Nova Scotia Van Tours. Hall's Harbour is named after Samuel Hall, an American privateer who, during the American Revolution, used the cove to raid settlements in the Annapolis Valley. Now it's home to a Bay of Fundy fishing fleet and one of the largest lobster pounds in the world. Enjoy the charm of a rustic fishing village. Located on the Bay of Fundy,Hall's Harbour is becoming one of Nova Scotia's premiere destinations, We’ll spend some time enjoying the wonderful atmosphere,perhaps take time to find the perfect Nova Scotian souvenir? Or basque in authentic Nova Scotian sea side village and all it has to offer with the sights, sounds and smells you would expect. Take a walk along the harbourfront boardwalk and explore the Lobster Pound’s buildings which date back to the 1820s. However, the main purpose of this visit and site is its unique size makes it a perfect spot to witness the dramatic Bay of Fundy tides. At high tide this village might be mistaken for other unique fishing villages that scatter across our province but at low tide you can take into view the Fundy fishing fleet vessels resting on their keels and walk the very harbor floor that six hours prior was filled with sea water and those same vessels moored and afloat. Dare to get a little muddy? follow the harbor floor to the beach and take a leisurely walk along and you may be lucky enough to find sea glass or quartz and take in the excellent views of the Bay of Fundy. On a clear day one may be able to see the Province of New Brunswick and faintly even the State of Maine! We’ll depart Hall’s Harbor for North Mountain Ridge to the Blomidon ‘Look-Off' where, on a clear day, you can see the Bay of Fundy, Grand Pré, Wolfville and the extensive dykelands built by the Acadians. It is perhaps, one of the most scenic vistas in Nova Scotia and a great over view of where we will be touring on this day. Following our drive "down the mountain", we'll visit Grand Pré National Historic site .Designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2012, Grand Pré is a powerful monument that unites the Acadian people. You’ll will uncover the tale of Le Grand Dérangement: a tragic event in Acadian history that has shaped the vibrant culture of modern-day Acadians across the globe through its quiet but powerful renaissance. The site commemorates the Grand Pré area as a centre of Acadian settlement from 1682 to 1755 and how the Acadian peoples shaped the land utilizing the Fundy tides but most importantly the Deportation of the Acadians, which began in 1755 and continued until 1762. For many Acadians throughout the world, the site remains the heart of their ancestral homeland and the symbol of the ties that unite them to this day. Departing Grand Pré we’ll make way to Wolfville, which at one time, was a prosperous agricultural community. It is a University town so there are numerous, delicious eateries to choose from for lunch. Take a stroll around Acadia campus (just named to the 2016 list of "The Most Beautiful Campuses in Canada"). Continuing to the edge of town we’ll make way for Port Williams where you’ll find one of the French dykes which you can walk along and enjoy some spectacular scenery and once again is an excellent vantage point to view the effect of the Fundy tides. Before making our way to wine country, Timing allowed and based on your requests we can visit the first microbrewery to open in the Annapolis Valley the multi-Award winning Sea Level Brewing. Leaving Port Williams behind we’ll further explore the Annapolis Valley which is noted world-wide for its fruit trees, particularly apple trees, although there are also pear, plum, grape, cherry, assorted berries and vegetables farmed here. It is true the Acadians had apple orchards but it was horticulturalist Charles Ramage Prescott, who, from 1811 to 1859, developed the apple industry in Nova Scotia. The Annapolis Valley is highlighted As Canada's up-and-coming wine destination, you can tour the 11 established wineries/vineyards and many more small family owned wineries.If wine is not of your interest we can visit a local cheese farm known provincially for its Gelato and award winning cheeses or take into view the birthplace of Hockey and Dill’s Farm the site renowned for growing giant pumpkins that actually serve in a charity event. They are hollowed and a rower gets into the pumpkin and rows in competition with others hence the Pumpkin Regatta. Tide times providing we’ll return to either Hall’s Harbor or the closer Port Williams to show you the contrasting tide before returning to Halifax.Read more
- All Fees and Taxes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Van Tours of Nova Scotia
We booked a three hour tour and paid the deposit in advance. On day of tour scheduled for 1pm a driver came at 9am.…
Terry Smith made my family smile!
Terry took us to Peggy's Cove from the cruise port in Halifax and kept my multi-generation family entertained and s…
Gary Jollymore Succsesville bussiness man.
I did not take a tour ,but Gary met me at Stanfield Airport, after my long flight fro Victoria BC, No one knew tha…
Garry Jollymore best tour guide
I booked this tour guide for our first time in Halifax. We had a group of 6 from our Celebrity Cruise ship. We all…
Saw a lot in a 7 Hour tour from Halifax
Dave was our driver/guide who met us right at the cruise port. Being a a life-long resident of Halifax, he was very…
Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg tour
Without doubt this was one of the best tours we have done. As we had the time we requested a tour to both places an…
Garry Jollymore - The Best
Garry is both knowledgeable and professional. We left Halifax confident that we were able to learn and visit the i…
Our family vacation this year was Nova Scotia. We were going to sail from New York to Halifax. Since we are Cajun…
Request Garry Jollymore
I am a history teacher, so usually pretty bored on these types of tours, but my 3 sisters were with me, so we decid…
Touring Nova Scotia in Comforrt
We had two different tour guides/drivers, Darryl and Dave for our four days of day tours from Halifax. Each was kno…
Driver, not a tour guide
Our 6 hour tour was altogether too long. Right off the bat, the driver started giving us his view of the world and …
Extreme lack of communication
I struggled a bit regarding the rating. We previously used NS Van Tours and were quite pleased. Unfortunately thi…
Driver not a Tour Guide
Just be warned that you are more apt to have just a driver rather than a tour guide. The tour was more like hours i…
5 hour Van Tour of Halifax and Peggys Cove
Our driver, Garry Jollymore, was a very competent and pleasant tour guide and driver for the day. He gave us great …
A great tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove
Four of us were met at the cruise terminal for a great day touring the area. Our guide was fantastic! He was so k…
- Duration: 7–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241