This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
As with all our excursions, nothing is fixed and Our tours can be custom-tailored to your interests and we welcome the opportunity to make your tour unique and personal; however, keep timing in mind and the fact that additional time spent at various attractions may affect getting to others.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1LunenburgStop: 5 hoursOur first destination will be Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. Lunenburg was founded in 1753 and Mahone Bay In 1754 In Mahone the first sight to greet you will be the iconic view of three churches – yes, three – which sit side-by-side along the main waterfront of this picturesque town. There is an excellent photo op near the churches and we will stop there briefly before continuing through town. Excellent coffee shops, bakeries, and boutiques abound along the main street of Mahone bay. It will be tempting to linger there but greater sights await although Depending on timing Mahone Bay may be the destination for lunch. Lunenburg is our main destination. Lunenburg was settled by Geman and Swiss protestant settlers intended to offset the influence of the original catholic French inhabitants of this area. Lunenburg is a UNESCO World Heritage site. While there you may determine if this will be a lunch stop or a walkabout. In either case, you will have a drive-through tour of the interesting sights and a narrated history of Lunenburg. At first glance, Lunenburg is a sleepy town. Its harbor waterfront plays host to the renowned Bluenose II schooner, it is also home to the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic. The Fisheries museum gives a glimpse into the fishing heritage of Nova Scotia and can be viewed in one hour if you choose. The UNESCO designation comes mainly from the preserved and abundant 19th-century architecture that is Old Town Lunenburg. About 70% of Lunenburg’s homes date from the 18th and 19th centuries you will be fascinated by the choice of colors from that period and the imposing architectural influenced by central European designs. Part of that is a memorable use of black and white that one would not expect. This black and white effect is most evident in the exterior of the 250-year-old St. Johns Anglican Church. St. Johns is an example of the Gothic Revival style and this lovely church was lost to us by fire on Halloween in 2001. However, community spirit prevailed and the church has been completely restored to its former grandeur. St Johns church is also home to one of the so-called “vinegar Bibles” There is a google project for you. In Lunenburg You can almost feel yourself in a long dress or a high cravat, strolling gracefully through the streets in ages gone by? You can enhance that feeling by taking a horse-drawn carriage tour of the waterfront and area if you choose. (This horse-drawn carriage option must be prearranged) Lunenburg also offers the finest group of restaurants where Seafood is their specialty and lobster is king. Time considered and amount of time taken in Lunenburg and based on your requests we may be able to include a quick visit to Peggy’s Cove on our return route to Halifax. Peggy’s Cove is a fishing village with a preserved lighthouse. It is a place with an ancient prehistoric landscape. Once thought to be created by gods of mythology the landscape is so unique so as to be unforgettable. You really should reserve time to see this natural wonder. As mentioned above in our itinerary our tours can be custom-tailored to your interests and we welcome the opportunity to make your tour unique and personal; however, keep timing in mind that additional time spent at various attractions may omit or take away from others. There is so much to see and do it can be distracting with regard to time. For example. Along our route is the site of one of the deepest mysteries in the world, where is and what is the “Oak Island Treasure” It is the subject of a seven-season history channel series where a skilled team is trying to solve the “Oak Island mystery” One tour offering we have is this destination with a guided boat tour around the island with one of the team members that is working on the TV series. This boat tour takes 1.5 hours and is accompanied by a visit to the artifact viewing area that the crew has created. You may opt to see this small museum (artifacts, pictures, history, and explanations) rather than one of the other destinations we have detailed here. There is so much to see and do and as we advertise you can customize your tour to suit your preferences and if you need guidance we will be glad to help you fill out your itineraryRead more
- All Fees and Taxes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Van Tours of Nova Scotia
We booked a three hour tour and paid the deposit in advance. On day of tour scheduled for 1pm a driver came at 9am.…
Terry Smith made my family smile!
Terry took us to Peggy's Cove from the cruise port in Halifax and kept my multi-generation family entertained and s…
Gary Jollymore Succsesville bussiness man.
I did not take a tour ,but Gary met me at Stanfield Airport, after my long flight fro Victoria BC, No one knew tha…
Garry Jollymore best tour guide
I booked this tour guide for our first time in Halifax. We had a group of 6 from our Celebrity Cruise ship. We all…
Saw a lot in a 7 Hour tour from Halifax
Dave was our driver/guide who met us right at the cruise port. Being a a life-long resident of Halifax, he was very…
Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg tour
Without doubt this was one of the best tours we have done. As we had the time we requested a tour to both places an…
Garry Jollymore - The Best
Garry is both knowledgeable and professional. We left Halifax confident that we were able to learn and visit the i…
Our family vacation this year was Nova Scotia. We were going to sail from New York to Halifax. Since we are Cajun…
Request Garry Jollymore
I am a history teacher, so usually pretty bored on these types of tours, but my 3 sisters were with me, so we decid…
Touring Nova Scotia in Comforrt
We had two different tour guides/drivers, Darryl and Dave for our four days of day tours from Halifax. Each was kno…
Driver, not a tour guide
Our 6 hour tour was altogether too long. Right off the bat, the driver started giving us his view of the world and …
Extreme lack of communication
I struggled a bit regarding the rating. We previously used NS Van Tours and were quite pleased. Unfortunately thi…
Driver not a Tour Guide
Just be warned that you are more apt to have just a driver rather than a tour guide. The tour was more like hours i…
5 hour Van Tour of Halifax and Peggys Cove
Our driver, Garry Jollymore, was a very competent and pleasant tour guide and driver for the day. He gave us great …
A great tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove
Four of us were met at the cruise terminal for a great day touring the area. Our guide was fantastic! He was so k…
- Duration: 7–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241