Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 6)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
As with all our excursions, nothing is fixed and Our tours can be custom-tailored to your interests and we welcome the opportunity to make your tour unique and personal; however, keep timing in mind and the fact that additional time spent at various attractions may affect getting to others.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Halifax Citadel National Historic Site of CanadaStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedWe’ll tour through the working dock area of the Halterm Container Pier to Point Pleasant Park, where you learn about Hangman's Beach, the Tallahassee, and Sir Samuel Cunard. From Point Pleasant, we’ll drive through one of the city’s finest residential areas that borders the Northwest Arm, passing by two major universities, St Mary's and Dalhousie. Then, we’ll take a stroll through the Public Gardens, the finest example in North America, of a formal Victorian Garden! In this excursion we have an hour-long visit to Fort George, the Halifax Citadel. Your guide will conduct an orientation of the Fortress, will invite you to explore the "dry ditch", ( it is not a moat ) and outline the who-what-when-where-why of this distinctive 1826-54 fortification. Leaving the Citadel, our itinerary takes a circular route to the shores of historic Halifax Harbour past numerous historic sites, including the Cable Wharf, the Halifax-Dartmouth Ferry, Historic Properties, the Naval Dockyards, 1917 Halifax Explosion sites, and Bedford Basin. We'll visit Fairview Cemetery, to learn about this 1912 tragedy, the grave-sites of some of the Titanic's victims, and Halifax's connection to this 1912 disaster.Heading back to the Cruise Pavilion we'll drive through west end and central Halifax, as we return to your ship.Read more
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Halifax Citadel National Historic Site of Canada
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Van Tours of Nova Scotia
We booked a three hour tour and paid the deposit in advance. On day of tour scheduled for 1pm a driver came at 9am.…
Terry Smith made my family smile!
Terry took us to Peggy's Cove from the cruise port in Halifax and kept my multi-generation family entertained and s…
Gary Jollymore Succsesville bussiness man.
I did not take a tour ,but Gary met me at Stanfield Airport, after my long flight fro Victoria BC, No one knew tha…
Garry Jollymore best tour guide
I booked this tour guide for our first time in Halifax. We had a group of 6 from our Celebrity Cruise ship. We all…
Saw a lot in a 7 Hour tour from Halifax
Dave was our driver/guide who met us right at the cruise port. Being a a life-long resident of Halifax, he was very…
Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg tour
Without doubt this was one of the best tours we have done. As we had the time we requested a tour to both places an…
Garry Jollymore - The Best
Garry is both knowledgeable and professional. We left Halifax confident that we were able to learn and visit the i…
Our family vacation this year was Nova Scotia. We were going to sail from New York to Halifax. Since we are Cajun…
Request Garry Jollymore
I am a history teacher, so usually pretty bored on these types of tours, but my 3 sisters were with me, so we decid…
Touring Nova Scotia in Comforrt
We had two different tour guides/drivers, Darryl and Dave for our four days of day tours from Halifax. Each was kno…
Driver, not a tour guide
Our 6 hour tour was altogether too long. Right off the bat, the driver started giving us his view of the world and …
Extreme lack of communication
I struggled a bit regarding the rating. We previously used NS Van Tours and were quite pleased. Unfortunately thi…
Driver not a Tour Guide
Just be warned that you are more apt to have just a driver rather than a tour guide. The tour was more like hours i…
5 hour Van Tour of Halifax and Peggys Cove
Our driver, Garry Jollymore, was a very competent and pleasant tour guide and driver for the day. He gave us great …
A great tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove
Four of us were met at the cruise terminal for a great day touring the area. Our guide was fantastic! He was so k…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: language_english_ffffe66c
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 251 travellers!