Leon was founded in 1524 by Spanish conquerors, but it had to be moved in 1610 about 30 miles west where is now our destination. Travel with me and you won’t get long boring history talks, but personal professional and dedicated service besides anecdotes and fascinating stories. 16 years working in a beautiful city and country, I am willing and happy to show you the best of this colonial town. Let's explore Leon and hear about 495 years and its evolution from colonial slavery to North American’s intervention, Sandinista revolution, Contra revolution and more, exploring our art gallery beside the largest Catedral in Central America declared a world heritage site. On the way back to the port we will detour to San Jacinto Mud pods viewing the mud pits of different sizes, depths, and colors. See nature's force in action as the mud bubbles and churns, spitting up geysers of steam. Now we are ready! Thank you very much.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 6h 30m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional bilingual guide (Certified)
- Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral-Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Arte Fundacion Ortiz-Gurdian
- Entry/Admission - Museo Ruben Dario
- Tourist Card: USD 10.00 (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- I will pick you up at the main gate of the port
- El Puerto, Corinto, Nicaragua I will meet you in front of the main gate of the port
- Corinto Port
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 162440P2
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:
- Cathedral-Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Museo de Arte Fundacion Ortiz-Gurdian
- Museo Ruben Dario
- How much is Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour?
- Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour price starts from €168.33. Discover and book Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour cancellation policy?
- Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour?
- Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour is hosted by Vamos Travel Nic. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Vamos Travel Nic on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 162440P2
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atEl PuertoOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Cathedral-Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin MaryStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Museo de Arte Fundacion Ortiz-GurdianStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Museo Ruben DarioStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byMuseum of Legends and Traditions (Museo de Tradiciones y Leyendas)
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Vamos Travel Nic
Joined in June 2019
#1 of 15 Transportation in Leon
- Explorer4247869547800Franklin is a wealth of knowledge. He has inspired us to further continue our study on Latin American history.The tour was brilliant . I strongly advise a private tour with Franklin . His passion for Leon was infectious and his knowledge outstanding. An intelligent young man who represented his city well. He patiently answered all our questions and inspired us to learn more.
- destizzf00Best activity in LeonExcellent activity very recommended the staff was amazing ! The landscape the bon fire… everything was so good ! Highly recommended
- chynai201900Recommended if you are in LeonThe guide was very considerate and although the temperature outside was hot, there was no difficulty walking. I would recommend if you are in the Leon area.
- lauraf255900Amazing experience and amazing guide!Such an amazing experience. The views from the top were incredible and the boarding down was so cool! Our guide Sergio was amazing! He is very knowledgeable about Nicaragua and helped us take heaps of great photos.
- capweekend00Had fun despite Mother NatureIt was too bad Mother Nature didn't cooperate so we could do our tour, but Vamos Travel was very helpful once we were canceled and our guide Julio was great. He spoke great English and was very informed about his Country. His stories were awesome.
- marisalya202300Beautiful views of LeonI enjoyed my tour in Leon, my guide was Freddy and he was very knowledgeable of the town and knew so much information. I booked the 9am tour, which was perfect. I was able to tour the Catedral de Leon with hardly anyone there and the weather was not too warm. The view was breathtaking, with surrounding views of the city is just incredible. You do have to walk up a few flights of stairs, but its not too bad. It is definitely worth the view. We walked around town, it did seem to go a bit fast, I would of liked more time to stay at the Catedral and explore the town more. I recommend a longer time to stay and observe the town and Catedral it is just beautiful.
- Hugh W00Great ValueTour guide Victor was fantastic! Invaluable source of information regarding his country. We went to the volcano and because of weather they would not let us in....he took the time to take us to some great views and then took us back a second time (which he did not have to do) and they let us go up to the volcano! It was quiet and you could actually hear the volcano spewing lava.....INCREDIBLE!!!!
- skyc15600Volcano BoardingFranklin and our driver were absolutely amazing! Not only did they pick us up, but as we drove to the volcano Franklin shared some history of Leon with us. At the volcano the locals were tasked with carrying out boards so we could immerse ourselves fully in the hiking experience. The hike up was moderate with spectacular views. The ride down was so fun as we were provided outfits to protect our skin from the sand. Franklin took a bunch of videos and pictures to capture our experience forever and built a short movie with it. After we descended the volcano we were treated with local beer and fruit before returning safely to our accommodations. What a wicked experience. 10/10 recommend!!
- malekk25900Easy hike, great timeOverall great experience made even better by Franklin’s enthusiasm and great explanation. Highly recommend
- 561berthae00Cerro negro volcano boardingAmazing experience! The tour guys were so helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Totally recommend doing this tour when coming to Nicaragua. Totally one for the books 🏽
- JoeSoNi00JoeIt was an amazing tour with knowledgeable Mr. Wilfredo who explained everything about the old and new Leon, it’s history and presented the best of this beautiful city.
- 381desir_ec00The bucket list item I never knew I wanted to do.Our tour guide Danny was amazing and patient as 10 of us tried and 8 made it to the top of Cerró Negra! We had the best time and will definitely go back to beat our speed records! It was rocky at first then you make it to the plateau and the sand tries to slide you back 2 steps for every 10, it’s exhausting and hot and you feel effects of the ash and altitude, but once you get to the top the feeling of accomplishment is amazing and the ride down is riveting and so much fun! Bring face wipes, hair ties, and at least 32 oz of water oh and definitely wear hiking boots. If you need to there is no shame in paying for someone else to carry your board up.
- edwardwH3950JX00Would highly recommend this guide and tourAn informative and interesting tour which was greatly enjoyed by the group and added background to the history of the country
- edwardwH3950JX00Would highly recommendThe timing near sunset. A brilliant infirmative and personable guide who related to tge grouo and oversaw their needs.
- flyingkiwi201500A must do!How many times do you get the chance to board down a volcano?! This was an experience I can highly recommend. Franklin picked us up early morning and we drove to the volcano. A hike up it took some 45+ minutes and whilst not easy, the views of the surrounding countryside and the craters made it worthwhile. Franklin had explained the boarding process to us before we started the hike (note: his colleagues carried our boards up, we didn't have to!) and given us each a lightweight backpack containing our suits, gloves and goggles. Sliding down the volcano was so much fun and Franklin had positioned himself to be able to video each of us. His colleague remained up top with us and we were each released when the previous person was far enough down the volcano that we wouldn't interact with one another - safety was paramount. Take a bandana to cover your nose and mouth! Overall an excellent experience!