Europe holidays 2023: Where to go, stay, and play in autumn
Discover all the best places to go and things to do on your next Europe holiday.
Gazing out the window again? It’s a sign—go on that getaway.
Whether you’re thinking of a last-minute city break or taking the whole family on a trip, Europe's full of incredible destinations waiting to be explored. Soak up the charming vibes in Amsterdam, uncover centuries of history in Rome, or go off the beaten path in Budapest. The possibilities are endless.
If you’re wondering where to go for your European holiday, we’ve gathered the best destinations, hotels, and things to do to help you plan. Step in, let’s get started.
What’s on in Europe
Autumn brings crisp air and cooler days to Europe—a fantastic time to be outdoors and savor the season’s best events.
Start in Paris, where exciting art performances await at the Paris Autumn Festival. Further down in Italy, the picturesque town of Alba is buzzing with wine tastings, guided walks, and concerts at the annual White Truffle Festival. And if you have little ones, fire up their imagination at Scotland’s biggest light show—The Enchanted Forest—in Pitlochry.
For more ideas, check out our top spots below.
Top destinations travelers love
Historic gems, lively vibes, delicious street eats, and lots more—these are the crowd favorites in Europe that have it all. Whichever you pick, you’re in for a fantastic time. So, where to next?
- FlorenceWith dazzling architecture and hearty Tuscan cuisine, this timeless city is simply magical. Chestnuts are in season too—don’t miss them!Read more
- RomeSavour seasonal dishes like white truffle pasta and discover travel favourites like the Colosseum painted in autumn hues.Read more
- ParisExplore captivating art exhibits, immerse in cultural celebration, and toast to the season at the city's annual autumn festival.Read more
- BerlinIt’s easy to fall in love with this vibrant city. Just attend a festival or visit a beer garden, and you’ll know why.Read more
- BordeauxBeyond wine tastings and winery visits, make time to check out the city’s rich cultural heritage and festivals.Read more
- PragueExplore the Old Town Square, stroll under autumn foliage in lush parks, and sip on svařák (mulled wine)—all in a day.Read more
- BudapestFrom healing thermal baths to quirky ruin bars, this charming city has everything you need to stay warm and cosy.Read more
- SevillePleasant temps make it a great time to embrace the city’s rich culture. Think flamenco shows, tasty tapas, and more.Read more
Europe’s best hotels
From all-inclusive resorts to cozy boutique hotels, Europe is packed with stunning stays for every type of holiday. Find one that catches your eye, or check into these top-rated picks.
Best things to do in Europe
So much to explore...so little time. We’ve rounded up some of Europe’s best experiences so you can dive right in. Whether that’s roaming a new spot or sticking to a familiar fave, you’ll love these picks.
Food, wine and brewery tours
Europe travel guides
Here are some destination guides, tips, and recommendations for Europe’s best spots. Have a look—you might just discover something new.