We have just returned from Discovery st Lucia. We choose to spend 14 days there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We are so glad me made the choice as we had a wonderful time. We were a little apprehensive due to some of the previous reviews. I feel a few of the reviews were unjust.
The hotel has some of the best views in Caribbean. The rooms are large, modern, and very clean. Go for a high room as the views are much better. Yes there are a few steps and a steep hill but it is well worth the effort. The standard of food was excellent. Breakfast was always plentiful and very fresh. The staff were great. Always greeting you bye your name and nothing seamed to much trouble to them.
Discovery st Lucia does not say it has a wonderful beach. So we have no problems with the beach that was across the bay. We went to a beach close bye called Ti Kaye beach. It is a 20 minute water taxi ride. Mention to other guests you are going to the beach and they will share a taxi with you. Halfing the price and making it a lot cheaper from you. When you there is great for snorkeling, swimming and drinking buckets of beer on a lovely black sand beach. Very little hassle from the vendors. A polite no or a quick chat is normally enough. The stuff they sell is nice and cheap. So have a look.
The local restaurants are very nice and to a great standard. Not cheap but you must remember you are in the Caribbean and not southern Thailand. Things cost more. Doolittle’s has a new chef and his food is wonderful. If you get the chance go and ask to speak to Ian. He is very passionate about what he does. He even took time to cook us food that was not on the menu. He made our night there extra special. Rainforest café is real treat.
We are looking to book and travel again this year as we have very fond memories. Special thanks to Lee, Tracy on reception. Tessa and the girls at breakfast. Alex’s ‘’no pressure, no worries bar man and his side kick Andre. Cyprianna on reservations, nothing is too much trouble for her.
It you are looking for a fantastic, enjoyable Caribbean break go to Discovery.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery At Marigot Bay Hotel
- Discovery At Marigot Bay Hotel Marigot Bay
- Discovery Hotel Marigot Bay
- Discovery Marigot Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sanctuary of elegance and tranquility Discovery at Marigot Bay features spacious rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, penthouses, many with plunge pool. Three restaurants, four bars offer casual or exquisite dining. Lapli spa offers massage, beauty therapies and exercise classes. Two pools, on-site watersports shop, beauty shop, beach and shuttle, concierge. Marina village includes delicatessen, bakery, restaurants, bank, clothing store and duty free store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Capella Marigot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.