We stayed here while visiting san antonio for 3 nights. Upon arrival the hotel staff were very friendly and check us in quite fast. Our room was actually really big! and has all the essentials you need including hairdryer, fridge, freezer, microwave, coffee maker and a tv with a decent picture and a good selection of channels. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was probably one of the biggest ive had in a hotel it was great. The property was the old "Bexar county Jailhouse" which i didnt find out til i arrived but i found it quite interesting and you would never now it was ever a jailhouse by the interior decorations. The hotel lobby was small but everywhere in the hotel was very cleaned, the pool was very very small but we didnt mind. The area itself i thought was alright and we felt safe walking around day and night. You are about 5 Minutes away from the riverwalk and you can walk to the Alamo in about 20 Minutes. The free breakfast includes Bagels, muffins, warm cinamon rolls, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, freshly made pancakes along with cereals and juices, this was great except i have to eat gluten free foods and the only thing i could eat was bacon. Although we didnt have a car we were informed the parking charge was $10 a day just thought id mention that and the internet was really slow! Overall we enjoyed our stay and slept great
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio North Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio North Hotel San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Antonio Hotel Near a Variety of Attractions The historic atmosphere, excellent accommodations and friendly staff make the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Antonio, Texas near the Alamo, River Walk area, and Trolley perfect for both business and leisure travelers.Our hotel in San Antonio, TX is conveniently located within walking distance from the Alamo and the world-famous San Antonio River Walk. Visitors may enjoy shopping at La Villita Historic Arts Village, Rivercenter Mall and Market Square, the largest Mexican marketplace outside Mexico. Ride the local trolley to the many attractions within a mile of our hotel, such as the Tower of the America and IMAX theater.Business travelers benefit from the great location of this historic hotel in San Antonio, TX. We are situated near Valera Energy Corporation, Coca Cola and Pepsi bottling companies, Boeing and Fort Sam Houston. Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center and the Alamodome are a mile from our San Antonio, Texas hotel, which features free high-speed Internet access and a 24-hour business center.From the complimentary hot breakfast bar to the flow-regulated Kohler showerheads, our accommodations go beyond cheap hotels in San Antonio. Relax in the pool and whirlpool, work out in the fitness center and rest comfortably every night in a triple-sheeted bed with four pillows. You'll receive excellent service and amenities while lodging in our San Antonio, Texas hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, BookIt.com, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Antonio North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.