Our first impression of the resort was impressive, once we finally made it through terrible signposting and lunatic Italian drivers. Our apartment was large and comfortable, there were no frills but we didn't go to Tuscanny to stay in our room.
Amazing views and very calm and relaxing, we went in late Sept and it was still in the late 80's. Having read some of the other reviews I was surprised because we didn't see a single child, not one!
Food in the restaurant is excellent and not too pricey.
Some advice if you are travelling by car from Pisa airport, get a very good map!! The road signs are appauling, also the resort is nowhere near Montaoine, and is not signposted from the town, we only found it by sheer luck.
Also the only reason they paint white lines down the middle of the road is so that the Italians can aim their cars down it! I have never seen such arrogant, selfish driving in my life, all at break neck speeds.
Overall a lovely place to stay, shame about the inhabitants, I thought the French we were rude and arrogant, but this lot are in a class of their own.
- Also Known As:
- Castellare Di Tonda Hotel Montaione
- Castellare Di Tonda Hotel
- Castellare Di Tonda Resort And Spa
- Castellare Di Tonda Resort & Spa Montaione, Italy - Tuscany
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Castellare di Tonda Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.