My colleague and I shared a room in this hotel while we were in Savannah for a conference. First, the hotel fully charged my credit card before I even began my stay. This happened after I called to ask them if they could split the charge between the two of us because I was coming early and she was leaving late. I was assured that I could do it on check in or any time during my stay. Then the next day, they charged the whole stay to my credit card.
When I arrived, the people at the front desk were friendly, but I had to wait while they finished a personal conversation to check in. My room was fine for the most part. But they had black out curtains that only covered the sides of the window! Why would you even have them in the room if there is no way to pull them across and block out sunlight to get a little extra sleep in the morning?
The internet connection was unstable the entire time. My colleague had no internet for the last two days that she stayed there.
My finance troubles continued when, again, despite asking them to give a receipt to my colleague since I was leaving early, they never did. Now I'm going to have to find a way to get them to mail me a receipt so I might get reimbursed for my travel.
The location is great and breakfast was good, but I'm not sure why everyone raves about it. I've been to many hotels, and although this was slightly better, it wasn't amazing. I'd recommend against this hotel any day. It's definitely the worst Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah
- Holiday Inn Savannah
- Savannah Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of the historic district and soak up the splendor that is Savannah. Next time your travels take you to Savannah, choose the brand new Holiday Inn Express Historic District. This contemporary Southern style property is located right on Bay St. and is surrounded by dozens of boutiques, restaurants, River Street and Savannah s famed squares. It features a graceful lobby, full service fireside lobby bar, a rooftop pool and gazebo and guest rooms equipped with flat screen TVs. Rates include deluxe continental breakfast and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.