My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Club in early October as part of a timeshare sales offer. Our plane arrived early, so we were not able to check in at 11:00, but this wasn't unexpected and the hotel held our luggage. We returned after dinner to first enter our room. The room was nicely decorated, an adequate size, and the bed was comfortable. However, that first night, it took us two and a half hours to get decaf coffee, two coffee cups, and a normal blanket because we don't like the down comforters that are always provided these days. There was a blanket in the room, but when I unfolded it to put it on the bed to replace the comforter, it had a totally disgusting stain on it! It's hard to believe that this horrific large stain had not been discovered prior to the blanket being put in a plastic bag. Our second night, we were already ready for bed when my husband discovered that we had no bath towels. Instead of calling, he went to the concierge desk on the 37th floor. He was told that someone would be right up with the towels, but because of the long, poor service the previous night, asked that he be given them right away, which they did. We were given an apology gift of sparkling wine and chocolates, but this didn't make up for our disappointment and inconvenience. When we attended our timeshare presentation, we did so with little chance of even considering a purchase at their new property, considering our experience at the Hilton Club thus far.
On a positive note, the breakfast was good for a free continental breakfast, and one night we returned early enough to enjoy a complimentary glass of wine. We found the location convenient and within walking distance to places of interest.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Club New York Hotel New York City
- Hilton Club New York Hotel
- Hilton New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Club New York is superbly located on the 37th and 38th floors of the renowned Hilton New York offering the immediate convenience of a full-service hotel. Located in the heart of thriving midtown Manhattan, the surrounding ten-block neighborhood offers some of New York's most notable treasures. The Hilton Club New York offers an exclusive check-in on the 37th Floor just for Hilton Club hotel guests and features Studio, One and Two-bedroom Suites. The accommodations are elegantly appointed and offer numerous amenities to help capture the contemporary sophistication of Manhattan. As if the fantastic accommodations weren't enough to complement your stay in Manhattan, the Hilton Club New York offers a Club Lounge that has a daily complimentary Continental Breakfast (6:30am - 10am), complimentary soft drinks, coffee, tea, cookies and fruit (12pm - 7pm) and a Nightly Manager's Reception offering complimentary beverages and hot and cold hors d'oeuvres (5pm - 7pm). Lastly, guests of the Hilton Club have charge privileges at the restaurants, fitness center, spa and retail outlets of the Hilton New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Club New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.