My friend and I stayed here for a night even though we both live in NJ just so we could experience dinner and the nightlife without having to worry about getting back to NJ. The staff was excellent, friendly, and efficient. Our room had a king size bed, a seating area, and a sufficient bathroom area - it was a nice size (and yes, the shower was see through), especially for NY standards. We had a drink in the Tower, which was lovely, and a nice brunch in the restaurant the next morning. It was within walking distance to a lot of nice shops and restaurants/bars, although it was a bit of a walk to public transportation options. WIFI was slow, but worked, and I was able to check-in a few hours earlier than check-in time, which was a nice bonus. I would definitely stay here again for another staycation!
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- The Standard New York Hotel
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Jetsetter, Splendia, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels and Priceline so you can book your The Standard High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.