We had a few issues during our stay...
The bathroom sink was completely clogged when we checked in. We let the front desk know and the maintenance man did come to fix it. He pulled out the drain stop and there was black "muck" all over it. This muck dripped all over the sink and the counter around the sink. I asked the housekeeper in the morning to please pay special attention to this area when the room was serviced and when we returned later in the day, the muck was still there. YUCK!
When we checked in there was also hair all over the bathroom and short whisker shavings all around the sink. (The sink is outside of the bathroom and the counter tops are dark colored--trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the housekeeper but it was still nasty!)
Also, there is a kiddie pool, a big pool with a slide, and a hot tub. The kiddie pool was warm but at the base of the little slides the floor is really rough (looks like they did some patch work) and my kids got some scrapes on their elbows, legs, and butts. The bigger pool was kind of cold, but the slide was fun for the kids. No complaints about the hot tub. Actually nice that my eyes didn't burn when I was in there.
NOTE...there is a lifeguard on duty but don't trust him to save anyone from drowning!!! The first nite we were there he sat in a chair eating a bag of microwave popcorn. The second nite he was in the corner furthest from the pool on his laptop, talking on his cell phone, and reading the USA Today newspaper. This guy paid no attention to what was going on in the pool. There were kids climbing up the waterslide, stopping halfway down, jumping in and out of the slide halfway down, and breaking just about every other safety rule posted on the slide.
The continental breakfast was excellent--eggs, biscuits n gravy, sausage, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, milk, juice, breads, fresh fruit, muffins, and cinnamon rolls. Very nice! And lobby had enough tables to accomodate many families.
Rooms were ok. Kind of weird to have the bathroom sink at the foot of the bed. Microwave and fridge were nice. Shower was great! Very nice Kohler shower head and plenty of light in shower. Shower unit was also new-looking and mold/mildew free! Beds have soft and firm pillows and were ok. I woke up with a sore back the 2nd nite but otherwise they were fine.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells Hotel
- Holiday Inn Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wisconsin Dells Hotel Near Popular Attractions The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Wisconsin Dells is at the heart of the 'Waterpark Capital of the World.' Located off I-90 at Exit 92, this Wisconsin Dells hotel is less than a mile from major attractions like the Original Wisconsin Ducks, Noah's Ark Water Park and Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Nature lovers staying in our Wisconsin Dells hotel will have easy access to the unique natural beauty of the Dells of the Wisconsin River; our hotel is also four miles from Mirror Lake State Park and 16 miles from Devil's Lake State Park. For more fun indoors, there is a 24-hour shuttle to the nearby Ho-Chunk Casino. Business travelers appreciate our convenient location near I-90/94 and I-39, keeping them connected to nearby cities. We're only four miles away from the businesses of historic downtown Wisconsin Dells, and our hotel is within 11 miles of companies such as Flambeau, Inc. and Seneca Foods. Lodging in our Wisconsin Dells hotel also allows you to utilize the services of our 24-hour Business Center. During your stay in our Wisconsin Dells hotel, be sure to take advantage of our free high-speed Internet access. We help you keep your usual routine by offering a complimentary hot breakfast, a Fitness Center and copy and print services in the Business Center. Book your reservation now for our hotel near Wisconsin Dells attractions and start planning your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.