I stayed here about 20 years ago. There was a ex cop from LA running the place, his name is Clay. The Place is getting a bit of age on it but if you are doing Yellowstone Park and are looking for the best rate in town this is your spot. Just on the other side of the river, close to the few restaurants that are open downtown in the off season. The rooms are, and most over look the river itself. You can hear the rushing water from the room. Rooms have a balcony that overlook the river. It's rustic in a 70's sort of way but everything works and they have WiFi. The beds are okay, plumbing is good. Carpet needs replacing and another blanket would be nice. The air conditioner/heater is one of those that sticks through the wall but is operated by a thermostat on the wall. Confusing as there are two set of controls but they have thoughtfully taped instruction to the thermostat. This must lead to many complaints that the air does not work. Lighting could be better but they have powerstrips which is good if you are recharging for the park. Can't say enough about Yellowstone National Park. Makes me proud to be an American. Beautiful and the Asaroka is convenient after a day in the Park. Office closes at 7PM and the reccomended restaurant closes at 8PM but it gets dark at 5:30 in the fall. You should be able to make it from the Tower or the Lake. This is still a keeper, barely.
Excellent Rate!!! No discounts, you don't need one.
- Also Known As:
- Yellowstone`s Absaroka Hotel Gardiner
- Yellowstone`s Absaroka Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our motel is strategically located directly on the banks of the Yellowstone River.... right at the North Entrance of Yellowstone National Park, two blocks from Roosevelt Arch.Our rooms are extremely clean, come with free wifi and stunning views. In January of 2012 we renovated adding plush new beds to every room, new toilets, and new carpeting in the hall ways and office. Most rooms have a private balcony which is perfect for relaxing and enjoying the views.We have Satellite TV, AC, outstanding hospitality and complimentary in-lobby tea, coffee and hot chocolate.We encourage you to stay with us and make your trip to YNP a trip to remember.Sincerely, Absaroka Lodge Ownership. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Yellowstone's Absaroka Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.