For our anniversary, we stayed in the waterview suite on the first floor of the lodge. All of the staff were gracious and helpful. Found the room to be charming. Especially enjoyed the king size bed and large bathtub/shower. Our morning basket came with a newspaper, juice, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, dried cranberries and a pot of coffee. My wife drinks tea so I slipped around the corner to the study and made her a cup from the Keurig machine available there. Water and snack bars are also in this room, along with books and games. Be sure to check out the weeping beech tree. It looks deceptively nondescript, but part the branches and walk underneath it to a wide open area with gnarly branches sprouting from the thick trunk. Unfortunately, a very bad storm hit while we were there and we witnessed the eponymous event that gives the place its name. A good bit of the beach was eroded. Owner Ben said that this is a repetitive event.
- Also Known As:
- Sandaway Waterfront Lodging Hotel
- Sandaway Waterfront Lodging Hotel Oxford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandaway Waterfront Lodging has 18 B&B style accommodations in Oxford, MD - just seven miles from St. Michaels. Most rooms at Sandaway are waterfront with porches overlooking the Tred Avon River, Choptank River, and Chesapeake Bay. Guests at Sandaway can enjoy the waterfront lawn and private sandy beach. Sandaway is a member of Select Registry - Distinguished Inns, Small Hotels, and Bed and Breakfasts of North America. Oxford, Maryland was recently voted the best waterfront town in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandaway Waterfront Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.