My wife and I used to live in Portland but several years ago retired to our home on the coast in Downeast Maine (four hours away). We had an event to attend in Portland and researched some B&B's on the West End of Portland (our old stomping grounds). The Chadwick seemed perfect online, and upon arrival it lived up to its Web descriptions and photos. Unfortunately, my wife came down with the flu and wasn't recovered enough to make the trip. I made the trip alone, but am looking foward to returning with her, and seeing her react as favorably as I did to the tastefully decorated rooms, the wonderful hospitality, and the delicious breakfasts! Thanks, Laura and Scott, for making my stay so pleasant!
- Also Known As:
- The Chadwick Hotel Portland
- The Chadwick Hotel
- The Chadwick Bed And Breakfast
- The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast Portland, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CHADWICK BED & BREAKFAST: The New Standard of Bed & Breakfast LuxuryThe perfect Portland getaway, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast provides thoughtful touches that invite a sense of pampering and romance in unsurpassed comfort and elegance. With endless events and activities offered in the Greater Portland area, you can keep active or spend time relaxing in the comfort of this classically appointed home away from home. Do as little or as much as you like.Whether visiting Maine for a long weekend, vacation, rest and relaxation, honeymoon, anniversary, wedding, or on business, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast strives to provide a level of personal service that goes above and beyond, leaving you with a rich and memorable experience.Innkeeper & Owner E Scot Fuller, Assistant Innkeeper Adam Alfter, and the rest of The Chadwick Staff take great pride in providing tastefully appointed guest rooms—each with a private bathroom—beautifully landscaped grounds, and a five-star gourmet breakfast each and every morning. We can’t wait to have you experience it for yourself!Within walking distance, you’ll find Portland’s finest galleries, museums, theaters, shops, and restaurants. Guests often use The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast as a base for traveling to other nearby locations such as the Lakes Region of Western Maine, the rugged coastline of Acadia National Park, the sandy beaches of Southern Maine, and the breathtaking White Mountains of New Hampshire.Shoppers and restaurant enthusiasts alike will find whatever they are looking for not only downtown but just a car ride away in Freeport, Kittery, Bar Harbor, and Camden. ... more less