We have stayed in this hotel many times. It was recenly upgraded and the rooms look very good and more modern that the previous florida/key west decoration.
It has a great restaurant, Hemingways, where you get gourmet food and magnificent service. The property is very nice, it has 3 pools, one heated; it also offers bikes, ping pong table, rock climbing and boats.
Breakfast buffet at Cascades is very good, with a wide variety of offerings.
The only compaints are that I was not able to sail in the lake, since they did not have a power boat to assist guests. I have been able to sail every time we visited in the past so this was dissappointing.
The gym is small and there was a line to use the treadmills, and some family had a child using the exercise equipment, and last but most important, they have a very unpleasant doorman by the name of Dave, who is very rude to guests if you do not let him take care of your suitcases, since he only cares about his tip.
Other than these 3 areas, it is the best hotel in Orlando. is right next to Disneyworld and centrally located regarding restaurants, highways and even the premium outlets.
I must clarify that I brought up most of my complaints to one of the managers who was extremely nice and professional, and took out the resort charges without us asking.
It is unfortunate that I had to deal with the rude doorman after I spoke with the manager, and not before, so I could have mentioned to him. Even worst, I had had the same negative experience with the same doorman a couple of times before during previous stays.
Just remember to self-park so you do not have to deal with any staff who is not prepared and willing to be respectful and polite with guests
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Orlando Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Olotels, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TIG Global and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.