The Good: The rooms was well appointed, the pool area nice (but well overcrowded), the food great and the location perfect.
The Bad: 1. Asked to upgrade to a room with a balcony and a view of the ocean at check in and we agreed. The room had a view of a very roof and only if you leaned off the balcony at a dangerous angle could you see the ocean. On top of that, the room was in the Versailles building, meaning it was a long walk from the restaurants, the pools, the beach - everything basically. 2. Pool was SO crowded, only way to get close to one of the pools was to give a very gnerous tip to the pool boys a day before for a chair. Beds, round beds and cabanas all charged (upward of $200 a day!) Like I said, the rich rule here. 3. the music at the pool areas were so loud you were better off at the beach anyway. 4. Pool closed at 4 pm on a Saturday and 4 pm on a Sunday for concerts. Really guys? I paid money to be kicked out by people who paid more money for the shows? 5. One pool had private parties ($$$) that prevented you for gaining quick access to the way back to the main building. More shlepping.
The bad: The beach was great BUT: 1. More money greasing hands. No (free) loungers closest to the ocean, oh no, those are reserved for cabanas ($36) a day, and beds ($244 a day); we peons were shoved to the back. On top of that a manaatory service charge of 30% -- really downright thiefery 2. Umbrellas are $24.50 a day and don't leave your chair to go to lunch, they will give away your chairs and recharge your umbrella to another. 3. Everywhere you go, they cater to those that give large tips making you feel as if you should have gone somewhere that they appreciated your business. 4. At check in, we informed them that we needed late check out. Told it was no problem and to tell them again day of check out. When we did tell them, told us it was not possible because they were to full capacity. A bitter end to a bitter stay.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.