My husband and I stayed May 6-12 and had a wonderful time. Everyone was very friendly, the food was great at the restaurant and the drinks were nice and strong. Yes the rooms are a bit small but you are in Key West are you really wanting to spend time in your room. They have been doing a lot of remodeling and are still making many improvements. We had a refrigerator added to our room during our stay which was really nice. It is a bit of a hike to Duval but we ended up buying bikes at the Kmart across the street and rode down. They have bike and scooter renals at the location if you are interested. (If you do opt for the bikes and are unable to ride them back several of the cabs have bike racks on them its about a $15 cab ride back)
The bed was very comfortable and the water presssure in the shower was the best I have ever had at a hotel. The smell some of the others wrote about was from when they were bringing in the traps. We were staying during Stone Crab season. It did smell a bit but nothing ever came in the room. We had the room right next to were they were loading and unloading and never came in the room and it disapated rather quickly outside. I think some of the people that wrote reviews just wanted to complain about something. This was a fantastic property to stay at and we will definatly be going back.
A few other things they do show a movie on Thursday nights on a screen in the pool area. They have a fantastic happy our with half priced drinks and appitizers. Since the restaurant is outside you do get a visitor from time to time. The iguanas were fun to watch.
I would say take any of the negitive feedback with a grain of salt. It is a great place to stay for the price I don't really reccomend walking but it is possible. Bikes are a better way to go, take Palm it seems to be a bit faster. I say give them a chance the new owners took over about a year ago and are working very hard to make the place better and are doing a fantastic job. Can't wait to go again next year.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly the resort you dream of when you think of Key West. It's a friendly, quirky and original 1950s motel that has been remodeled as a modern beach resort. The landscaped sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms. The staff are very friendly Key West locals who love the island. There are only 8 hotels on the beach in Key West. Ibis Bay is the most affordable and the least stuffy. We offer family attractions such as the poolside Thursday night “Dive-In” movie on a 20ft screen, huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguana lizards and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. There's always something to do. Or if you are in the mood to do nothing, just chill out in one of 80 hammocks around the pool and on the beach overlooking the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.