My husband and I reserved this unit from 06/13/08-06/23/08. We left on 06/21/08 for various reasons, not all related to this condo. I searched the internet for reviews on this particular condo, and did come across several ads by the owner listing this as "full oceanfront". It is not. This building is in a "horseshoe" shape. This unit is second floor at the very back of the building. The back balcony overlooks the parking lot. The front balcony does have an oceanview, on either side of a large tree. You can see the water if you are standing, not if you are sitting. You can hear it, tho. To be fair, walk out the front door and over a wooden pathway, go through a "beach access" door, and the ocean is right there! The condo was large and comfortable. The furnishings were in good condition. I - more so than my husband - am a picky traveler. I feel when I pay a rental fee that is on the high side, I expect the best. This unit is a nice size, would easily handle multiple people. Furniture is in good condition - not always found in vacation rentals. I think the leather sofa and chair were a major plus because they don't hold smells that fabric furniture tends to hold. Tables are granite - or granite-like, very durable. The bed in the master suite is very comfy. However, we made a Target run to buy pillows since all pillows were very firm, to the point that both my husband and I had neckaches after the first night. Bring your own pillows. My major complaint about the bedroom was there was no dresser, no drawers of any kind. We had to lay out our clothes and towels (I always bring my own towels) on all the shelves. A small dresser would have been much appreciated. The master bath is nicely tiled. The shower and bathtub/shower in second bathroom were elevated. Not bad going in, quite a drop coming out. Older people may have trouble with that. The shower pressure was TERRIBLE. I truly could not completely rinse my hair in the master shower. We tried the second BR, which was better, but leaked out the side, losing much of the pressure. So my husband, for the duration of our stay there, removed the showerhead, leaving a small stream of water that was still better than the master shower. A big complaint, common in almost every vacation rental we've been in, was "used food" left in the cabinets and refrigerator. This is so disgusting. The kitchen is small and the cabinets certainly had a good supply of equipment, nice dishes and glasses, and silverware was nice. So cabinet space to store food was very minimal. We cleared one shelf by moving glasses and was able to put a few things there. Most food products were left on the counter. One shelf was packed with other peoples' leftovers. I feel that all food products should be thrown away, unless it is in a sealed container. We used the blender to make frozen drinks and didn't find out until after we were done and disassembled the blender for cleaning, that we noticed the thick black residue between the blade and plastic ring. We nervously waited for "Montezuma's Revenge" but luckily did ok. There's not much going on in Watsonville, including restaurants. However, go north or south on the coast highway, and visit many tourist spots. We did spend a week in very cool weather, which was a wonderful break from the Arizona heat. The owners of this unit and very nice, via email, and our damage deposit was refunded in a very timely manner.
- Also Known As:
- Pajaro Dunes Condominiums Hotel Watsonville
- Pajaro Dunes Condominiums Hotel
- Pajaro Dunes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why settle for a room, when you can enjoy a beautiful coastal home?!Nestled along the Monterey Bay is one of the most scenic stretches of California's central coastline. Spanning 1 1/2 miles of pristine beach, Pajaro Dunes Resort is a secluded, gated community featuring a collection of beautiful beachfront homes, townhouses, and condominiums — available for vacation rentals & group retreats.Looking for a perfect Santa Cruz County family vacation, family reunion or seminar site? Pajaro Dunes is located 4 miles west of Watsonville and conveniently, 20 miles south of Santa Cruz and 25 miles north of Monterey/Carmel. Enjoy the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Santa Cruz Mountain Redwoods, Monterey Bay Aquarium, central coast wineries and world famous golf! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Pajaro Dunes Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.