Stayed here for 4 days for a conference at the Convention Centre. There are a few things I like about this hotel, and a few things I dont. Here they are:
- Very convenient for the Convention Centre - a few minutes walk away.
- Beautiful lobby and I love the style. The floor space of the lobby is something like 4 or 5 times that of the Hyatt Regency and Renaissance nearby. Together with the 2 or 3 storey high ceiling makes this a very spacious lobby indeed.
- My room is on one of higher floors and had a great view towards the convention centre and the Basilica. It is spacious and very comfortable. Especially like the work table facing the windows, The climate control system is good, the decor is good. The room has an empty fridge (which is great), coffee making machine, radio-alarm clock, wired internet access, iron and ironing board. . One of the reason I chose this hotel is they have in-room safe - which is essential for peace of mind.
- Staff are very friendly - from the door staff, to concierge to restaurant and reception. The restaurant staff are esepcially good.
- Great for meeting people - there is a bar with very comfy seating in the lobby, and another bar next to the restaurant
Not too keen about:
- I do miss the floor to ceiling window in some newer hotels - not in this one.
- Location - great for convention centre, but downtown Phoenix is really pretty dull - choice of restaurant is limited and shopping - is non-existent.
- Restaurant is OK, but not brilliant.
- For a hotel of this size and class, I would have expected more than one restaurant.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Titled “Comfortable hotel convenient for convention center”
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay; we love all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for all of your comments.
It would appear that there was much that you liked about our hotel and yes, we are very convenient to the convention center, which makes many of our guests very happy.
We feel that we have an exceptional culinary team assembled here; they are creative and innovative, and I’m sorry that there was not a connection there for you while staying with us. If you have another opportunity to return, I would invite you to give them another try.
As for Phoenix, we are the city that continues to grow up, and the downtown area is just getting started with all that it will have to offer. We’re so proud to be anchored in the center of it!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC