We stayed at the hotel for two nights on business from the 13 to 15th of October 2011. The staff at reception were morose and unfriendly despite us being Priority Club members, fortunately the manager was close by and he then handled the check in process. The room was lovely and modern, however the bed was small more a double than queen. Our room was on the fifth floor and quite noisy, I think the noise would be quite bad on a lower floor. The shower was quite powerful and lovely.
Breakfast was not part of the room rate and was charged separately, what a disappointment! Firstly the staff were very inattentive, and it took me quite long to get someone’s attention to even get a cup of coffee. The range of cereals was very poor and when I asked for soya milk they acted like they never heard of it, the manager was called and she was not apologetic, the hotel is next to a shopping centre, they could have sent someone to buy some soya milk, however upon ascertaining that I would be there for breakfast the next day she assured me that they would have it the next morning. The range of fruit looked good, but upon tasting the papaya it tasted quite strange. I then requested a soft boiled egg, to my disgust the egg was completely raw, and the white was not even opaque. The Asian section had some very stale looking fish and the dish of mustard had a hard film over it. The next morning we decided to have breakfast in the room, the coffee was cold and the soya milk was again a problem, the restaurant staff said that they had no record of anyone requesting it the previous day. So the manager did not even bother to get the soya milk despite her assurances to me. Guests would be better advised to have breakfast at the Rosebank Centre.
The bathroom did not have any shower caps, when I asked the housekeeping staff to get me one from housekeeping he assured me he would, but I only got the shower cap the next day after phoning housekeeping again. The room was poorly cleaned, not even vacuumed, shame!
Access to the shopping centre is secure and easy, pity about the staff, the hotel could have become our first choice in Johannesburg however poor staff and indifferent care ruined our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank Hotel
- Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank Hotel Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the stylish Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank hotel in the heart of commercial Rosebank and next to the city's top malls. You can't miss the contemporary, grey-striped facade of Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, next to the futuristic Zone shopping centre. Relax on our sunny pool deck when you arrive from O.R. Tambo International Airport, 25 km away. It's easy to get to meetings in the surrounding Rosebank business suburb and in downtown Johannesburg, which is a 15-minute taxi ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.