Building. This is one of those hotels designed by architects to impress, not to make guests feel comfortable. Depending on the section you stay in, you may have long walks inside to your room. The exterior is a feast of polished marble and sandstone on many levels with unlit hazards. There is very little green for such a huge area.
Service. The staff are plentiful, but poorly trained. Their presence is intrusive but ineffective. We found it impossible to walk in the grounds without being followed and being asked repeatedly if there was anything you needed. We only ate breakfast in the hotel. The selection was far inferior to that offered in other hotels we stayed in for a similar price in India and indeed that offered in far less expensive hotels; service largely ineffectual. A half hour wait for a poached egg could be a world record. Meanwhile there were no shortage of people trying to sell the spa - even intruding on your breakfast in their attempt.
Our room was large with everything you could need, but much you could live more comfortably without. The clutter of klitch was oppressive.
This is not real luxury but a pastiche put on by people who appear not to understand, or care, what travellers need.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Palace Udaipur Hotel
- The Leela Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leela Palace, Kempinski Udaipur, with its breathtaking view of the Aravalli Mountains stands majestically in a natural setting on the banks of the Lake Pichola. The Leela Palace offers its discerning guests an opportunity to experience royal living of majestic times.Evoking a grandeur and opulence of a bygone era, all 80 rooms and suites overlook the tranquil waters of the lake. Heritage and Lake view rooms finely appointed with artifacts and furnishings representing the handicrafts of Rajasthan. The suites evoke a sense of architecture which includes the rich and natural detailing of traditional Indian palaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your The Leela Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.