This was my first visit to Singapore, and this was a last minute booking to the hotel. Everything was clean and nice, which is the same for the whole of Singapore.
On arriving at the Hotel having arrived well after check in, but despite that had to wait over an hour for my room. I did think this was ridiculous, given the fact that I had just walked off a 12 hours flight. They did try and appease me with the use of the shower in the gym and a free drink. Anyway, after about 45 minutes I was in my room. Despite having had my hotel booked and supposedly paid for me, they were you have to pay for the room again. It turn out all I had was a confirmation for the room, any way the hotel contacted my travel agent and they worked it out.
Overall the stay was good, and I would use them again. The wifi was very reliable to, which given my need for contact with work emails was really useful.
The hotel, runs a shuttle service to the Underground or if you walk around the corner there is regular buses doing that. Other wise, you will have to use buses or a taxi to get more central. This is all reasonably priced never the less.
All the staff are very helpful.
The food is expensive there, a little more than other places in Singapore, but that is Singapore. I would probably stay there again, but I may choose a more central location given the Price.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore Hotel
- Grand Accor Roxy Hotel
- Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
- Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel Singapore
- Mercure Singapore
- Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Roxy is an ideal hotel for a business trip or holiday in Singapore. A haven from the bustling city amidst the heritage charms of historic Katong, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city centre, Singapore Expo, the Suntec Convention Centre and Orchard Road. Enjoy fantastic shopping at the nearby Parkway Parade or a great day out at East Coast Park with beaches, recreational facilities and renowned seafood restaurants. 15 minutes from Changi Airport with complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.