Having read some good reports on this hotel we decided to book it through Expedia. How pleased we were!
The hotel is situated in the North Eastern suburbs of Seoul. It looks quite a hike to the main tourist areas but they are really easily accessible. As soon as possible purchase yourself a TMoney ticket and charge it up (card available at the little shop in the subway station then use the machines to add cash to it). This is similar to a London Oyster card and can then be used on all the subways, city buses and some taxis. The hotel is three bus stops away from a subway station. Buses run up and down constantly, no probs there. The subway network is super with announcements and signage in English. The real benefit of the hotel vicinity is its so much more ‘proper’ Korean than the tourist areas. There are loads of little shops and restaurants around. The Koreans are amazingly helpful so it’s easy to be adventurous and try shopping and eating as the Koreans do. We saw hardly any Westerners in the area (other than in the hotel) which was just what we wanted. It’s a great place just to wander around and see how Seoulites live. Unlike some British cities, you are unlikely to feel threatened in any way, even late at night. Taxis are readily available if you prefer not to use public transport.
Our hotel room was very good indeed. Beautifully clean and comfortable. Immaculate crisp white bedding. Excellent soundproofing. Super bathroom with state of the art toilet. Small fridge which was stocked with complimentary water. Tea making. Internet access. Satellite TV. Self operated air conditioning/heating.
Without exception, staff at the hotel were really great. OK their English may not be perfect but they went to great efforts to help when help was needed. If they noted anything that might help us, then it got done even without asking. When we did ask for something and they said they would action it, that gone done as well. There was a perfect mix of friendliness and efficiency.
The Airport limousine bus stops across the road coming from the airport (there is a traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing right by the stop) and outside the hotel for the return journey. Airport buses come at about 20 minute intervals but the hotel will give you the timetable.
I would most definitely use this hotel again without hesitation. Don’t use it if you like to be in the centre of up market tourism land, if you want a taste of the real Seoul based in a superb hotel, don’t wait book it now!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Seongbuk Hotel
- Holiday Inn Seongbuk Hotel Seoul
- Holiday Inn Seoul
- Seoul Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Seongbuk hotel is an excellent location for providing easy access to all areas of the city. It is the only international hotel in both eastern and northern Seoul. Within 5 km from the hotel, there are 15 major universities and 7 national institutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Seongbuk Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.