We are returning customers at Mercure Fenix and just spend 14 days with our 7 mth old daughter and some friends. It’s a nice hotel that offers a very good value for money.
The hotel is located next to Grandfather Rock just 200 Bath away from the much more busy Lamai in a Taxi. The Hotel offers a shuttle service a couple of times around Lunch time and once 19.15 PM. (I would be great if they also operated once or twice during the afternoon)
We absolutly like to hotel which is why we are returning.
- Extremely friendly staff with a natural interest in their guests. It was like staying with friends.
- Very well organised pool area with great facilities (good for kids).
- Small but great Fitness setup where you could exercise in an air-conditioned glass walled room while overlooking the pool and ocean.
- Great view over from the rooms in the building in front of the pool
- The hotel has Kayaks for use free of charge
- Free Wifi (this was new compared to our last stay and highly appreciated)
- It’s very positive that they have adjusted the prices in the bar and restaurant down by removing the annoying VAT+Service charge (17%)
- Good housekeeping service and spacious rooms.
- The beach is not the nicest of beaches even though the hotel I trying to clean it up. However if you like me prefer to swim in a pool and only uses the ocedan to look at, then it’s absolutely fine.
- It’s a relatively large hotel with many guests and we experienced some rather loud guests and even hostile discussion over sun chairs. It’s not a small little butique-like hotel and the very fair prices also reflect the type of people that stays here – It’s not a posh tranquil place and especially the Russian guests can be a little dominating.
- If you are unlucky to get one of the rooms in the building next to the street then it’s very noisy and I would not want to stay there.
- The breakfast is too pricy compared to what we have seen in other hotel (even better once) charges. We stayed at a 5 star hotel on Phuket (B-Lay Thong) where a much more elaborate breakfast was only 250 Bath.
There are a couple of good restaurants nearby. Try Sabienglae (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1188000-d2232061-Reviews-Sabienglae-Lamai_Beach_Koh_Samui_Surat_Thani_Province.html) next door for seafood, or the very local and very good value for money place “Koh Kaew” just down the road.
All in all It's a great, very fair priced and good place to stay which I would absolutly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Samui Fenix Hotel
- Mercure Samui Fenix Hotel Koh Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Samui Fenix – boutique paradise and Thai hospitalityMercure Samui Fenix, an exclusive retreat set on a privileged location on the beachfront of Lamai offers a panoramic and breathtaking view of the Gulf of Thailand.Mercure Samui Fenix is an eden where the air is fresh and crisp and landscape overflowing with well manicured tropical gardens. This is a private sanctuary that is not only enchanting but also breathtakingly beautiful. Blending seamlessly with nature’s beauty, green is the dominant colour of the landscape coupled with the simplicity of contemporary convenience.Personal with an extra dose of privacy, the rooms and villas exude warm natural hues while the variety of services and facilities will complete a fun-filled stay.Facilities include a generous swimming pool against the backdrop of the turquoise seas, a restaurant and beach bar, an outdoor Thai massage sala, a meeting room, an indoor fitness room and complimentary shuttle trips to the centre of Lamai Beach.A mixture of unique cultural experiences, undreamed visual images and exotic tropical recreation will all combine to form lasting vivid memories of a perfect vacation. While one may never find true perfection in this world, Mercure Samui Fenix comes close enough. It is a place where people set their own pace and everything else is unspoilt – except, for our guests. Feeling is believing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fenix Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.