My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights as a stop over in Bangkok in January 2012 before going on to Koh Samui.
We took a taxi from the airport; the fare was about 400 baht. When we arrived in reception (somewhat jaded after a 14 hour flight and a terrifying taxi ride) we waited patiently for the receptionist to deal with the guest in front of us. As we stepped up to be served the rudest Japanese man I have ever come across butted in, he came from nowhere and practically pushed me out of the way, without a word of apology. This made me quite cross, however I was determined not to allow anything to bother me on my holiday and so I bit my stiff upper lip and in my head I started composing my negative Trip Advisor review. However when we were eventually greeted by the receptionist I found her to be pleasant and welcoming, after all, the manners of another guest can not be helped by the hotel or the staff. We received an upgrade to a deluxe room, which was most welcome. All of the staff we encountered during our stay were polite, friendly and helpful.
The room was on the 14th floor with a view toward the sky train and the hustle and the hustle and bustle of Bangkok below. The room was perfect for our needs, clean, modern and comfortable.
The hotel is in a busy area, which is ideal. The sky train station is less then 5 minutes walk, we used it to take us to Siam, there is a port there where you can take a boat to the Grand Palace and Reclining Buddah at Wat Pho. Relatively speaking it doesn’t cost much to get around in Bangkok.
There is a roof top pool at the hotel, which was open until 7pm; it is great to relax there after a day’s sight seeing.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok for a few days.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Boulevard Bangkok Hotel
- Amari Boulevard Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hotel Amari Boulevard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Sukhumvit Road, the throbbing pulse of Bangkok, Amari Boulevard is the perfect city-centre accommodation from which to explore all that this dynamic Thai capital has to offer.From business to shopping to tourism landmarks, all of Bangkok is at your fingertips, within walking distance, or just a short skytrain or subway ride away. Be swept away with the urban rhythm at Amari Boulevard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Amari Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Amari Boulevard Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.