This hotel was great. We've stayed here for 4 nights to explore Washington DC. The rooms are spacious and very clean. You have your own microwave and fridge (just a little bit noisy). There is an indoor swimming pool and fitness center, free to use. You can wash and dry your laundry in the machines (a dollar each and a dollar for soap). Free coffee and tea to go in the morning. The staff was correct.
We don't agree with the comments made about the neighbourhood in earlier reviews. The hotel is only 3 to 4 minutes away from the subway station. 3 stops and you are in the city center. It wasn't a unpleasant or unsafe walk for us. On the corner of the street is a supermarket (Harris Teeter), open until midnight, so you never walk alone. We took a SuperShuttle from/to the airport for 40 $ (around 30 euro's)
Washington isn't a bubbly city (like NYC or Frisco) but good for (American) history lovers. We did the standard/common stuff (White House, Capitol, etc.) The Mall is getting renovated, so no water in the pool only construction workers. We loved Georgetown for shopping and the Eastern Market on a Saturday. Try the pizza's and mini hamburgers at Matchbox. Zaytinya is a good restaurant too. Cupcakelovers can't miss the Red Velvet Bakery.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc/Us Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc/Us Capitol Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Washington, DC, the new 13-story Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol is in a prime location just one metro rail stop from Union Station - the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak. We are located just one block from the New York Ave/Florida Ave/Gallaudet University red line metro station. Guest rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol showcase a modern décor, which include the cutting-edge Garden Sleep System®, which features bedding of 100% New Zealand virgin wool, a mattress that adjusts to the contours of your body, and a dial that can adjust the firmness of your mattress. Your guest room at our Capitol Hill hotel also features complimentary high-speed internet access - both wired and wireless, a high-definition LCD television, a Herman Miller ergonomic chair and a modern work desk. For our in-room dining, take advantage of room service from our exclusive in-house restaurant, Todd Gray Watershed, featuring fresh eastern seaboard seafood offerings such as new England Clam Chowder, po boys with oysters from Virginia, and lobster rolls from Maine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.