We stayed in the hotel two nights in February. The hotel is big, we had our room in "deluxe wing" and had a junior suite. It was a good, clean room, bed was comfortable. I've had better pillows - but much worse as well so ok. TV was only in the living room, not in the bedroom - and as we seldom just sit and watch TV, we'd have been pleased to have TV in the bedroom - we often watch it a few minutes before to go to sleep. It really did not bother us much but it was quite different than in most hotels.
The bathroom was big enough and very clean.
Breakfast was variable and was served in the Mirror Hall. Coffee could have been warmer.
We had nice moments in Cafe Pupp - ate some cakes and some sandwiches etc. Only one evening did we have a dinner in the restaurant. It was a 3-course menu and we had a nice table by the window. However, we asked the meat as medium but both portions (for me and my husband) were too well done! Otherwise the dinner was ok.
It was low season, so we received good service. We used the spa and went to massage - both were relaxing and nice.
Karlovy Vary itself is a small city, nice and pittoresque. As it was very cold we did not want to walk and go around much and therefore we stayed quite a lot at the hotel.
At our request the hotel had arranged transportations from and to the hotel and the drivers were very kind and service-minded.
It was a good short vacation, nice to see the place and the hotel. If you drive by, why not to visit it.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Pupp De Luxe Hotel Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp De Luxe Hotel
- Grandhotel Pupp Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The world famous Grandhotel Pupp is one of the oldest traditional hotels in Central Europe. It is situated in a picturesque part of the West Bohemian spa town of Karlovy Vary. In two connected buildings, River Side and Park Side, the Grandhotel Pupp complex offers 228 rooms in the categories of Comfort, Superior, Superior Plus, Junior Suite, Premier Suite and Apartment. The ground floor of the hotel features restaurants, a café, bars, a boutique zone, a hairdressing salon and casino. Becher’s Bar provides entertainment in the evening. From April 2013 the Grandhotel Pupp has been welcoming guests to the new Pupp Royal Spa wellness centre with pool and saunas. The complex includes a modern fitness centre as well as a private Royal Spa Suite with whirlpool, massage tables, sauna and a relaxation zone. At its new premises, the Pupp Royal Spa offers an extended range of treatments, from traditional procedures based on the natural bounty of Karlovy Vary and the region to modern massages and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Olotels, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Grandhotel Pupp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.