My husband and I traveled to this Courtyard Marriott for a 5 night stay. We are frequent travelers for both business and pleasure. We found this to be an outstanding Courtyard Marriott- none like any we have stayed in before.
Four of the five nights we were there, they had large live Salsa bands in the lounge and the place was alive with Salsa dancers of all ages!!! It was great fun watching and trying to learn from some really awesome dancers.
As far as the hotel goes, we found it to be great. The rooms were clean and lovely with great views on the ocean side. The beach was very nice with lounge chairs and umbrella setups. There are little red flags attached to the lounge chair for alerting the beachside attendants that you would like food or drinks. The servers on the beach were so kind and attentive. It is a nice walking beach too. We didn’t use the pool much, but managed to swim up to the pool bar one day for a fancy frozen drink. We spent a few hours in the casino and it was fun. They have lots of slot machines and I liked that they had $5 blackjack tables. We found all of our experiences with the hotel staff to be a pleasure. They were all so helpful and professional. The front desk manager Yanira was extremely helpful and helped make our stay special.
As far as the airplanes go…yes they are really close. The first day on the beach, I was a little taken back when I heard then saw the planes. After initially hearing and seeing the planes, I became immune to the sound. We never heard the planes from our room and we didn’t notice them on the beach after that first day. That may not be the same for uptight people but it didn’t end up bothering our trip at all.
The hotel’s location was good for taking a taxi to local restaurant or to Old San Juan. Our favorite restaurant in Old San Juan was “Palio.” It is on the second floor of the Sheraton by the cruise pier. We sat outside on the terrace and ate pork Pinchos and empanadas. It was delicious. If you go, ask for Gabriel. He was so nice and gave us great service!! We liked the empanadas at the Parrot Club too. After the second day, we also found a very nice taxi driver named “Ramon” (he has taxi #84). It is worth it to ask for him if you can. He was very dependable and always charged the correct taxi fare.
I definitely recommend this resort for a great vacation for all. My husband and I cannot wait to go back… that is after we practice our Salsa dancing.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Courtyard Carolina
- Marriott Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico - Carolina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.